Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ethnic airfares... cheap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2000, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

ethnic airfares... cheap

Thanks to someone,some thread, for suggesting ethnic newspapers in a search for cheap airfares.

After searching high and low for a discounted BC on Lot Polish Airlines ,I found a Polish newspaper ad for discounted business class fares. The discount amounted to 35 % off the Lot Air list price.
I will give a trip report on the ORD - WAW Lot 767 BC flight in Aug. thanks again.
Old Jul 7, 2000, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Please post the fare code that you used to book this, and the fare. I will be traveling to PL in September, and a reasonable business class fare may be more cost-effective than using miles.
Old Jul 7, 2000, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

fastflyer : The fare code is CSPIL. It is some sort of a consolidator fare. I looked at using AA miles or BA miles to WAW. Save your miles for something better . The BC fare for my LOT flight from ORD is 1,300 dollars . I think the fare might be cheaper from JFK or EWR. Tommorrow , I will pass along the phone # and web address of the Polish agency .This is the best bargain that I know of in BC for Europe. But if travelling outside of Poland,buy a separate ticket.I wanted to take a side trip to BCN. LOT quoted the Europe BC rate that was 3,000 dollars higher,than my BC fare to Poland
Old Jul 7, 2000, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Might be wrong, but aren't LOT tied up with CO re earning miles? That could really make you happy on a long haul!
Old Jul 7, 2000, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
You have hit on a good idea though here.

In Sydney I was looking for a cheapie fare to China. All the "normal" agents had similar fares. A Chinese friend laughed when I told her. She showed me the Chinese newspaper .. one airline had fare to Shanghai for about HALF what I was about to pay on same carrier!!

Ad written entirely in Chinese, so she booked it in my name, using my credit card. No hassles.

BUT, apart from her input, the "secret" fare would have stayed with the "locals".
Old Jul 8, 2000, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
...ancient Chinese secret...
Old Jul 9, 2000, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

fastflyer : The web address is www.amta.com good luck.

By the way found out BA miles are available LOT flights.I 'll see if miles are for my fare.
Old Jul 10, 2000, 7:26 am
geo1004

Would the NY Times be an "ethnic newspaper" to someone who lives in Asia??? I hope so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.