Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More questions -- Manila

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2000, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

More questions -- Manila

As I am still exploring possible ways to get the six segments, airfares to MNL seems to be a bit cheaper than other Asian destinations, except BKK. I want to see how does transit work at MNL? Is it pretty simple like Singapore, Taipei or Bangkok, or Hong KOng? I am just concerned whether I can simply go to the transit desk and check in for the next flight.

Any comments will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Jul 2, 2000, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
I have flow into MNL six or seven times in the last two years. I've never transfered to another connecting flight, but the transfer desk is right there in the International terminal before you get to passport control. It looks like a simple procedure. You will, however, have major problems if you are connecting to a flight that leaves from the domestic terminal. It is a hassle to change terminals. You can't walk between them, you must take a PAL shuttle or a taxi. As long as your connecting flight leaves from the International terminal it should be a quick procedure.

[This message has been edited by Paul3456 (edited 07-02-2000).]
Old Jul 2, 2000, 8:08 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've only been there once the last two years and while it may be relatively simple, it is Manila - and surely NOT like the other far nicer and more secure airports you mention by comparison! It does not enjoy a very good reputation, but it has improved somewhat in recent years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.