Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driving in France?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2000, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
check auto rates with auto europe.
We rented a car in Belgium and found them very reasonable for a stick shift car. Free upgrade, diesel engine so cheaper gas. Price given includes all taxes, at least for Belgium. Their phone number 1-800-223-5555. It's been too many years since I've been to Paris and France. (1984). All I remember were all the cars parked on the sidewalk because the streets were too narrow to park on the street. It couldn't have gotten any better.

------------------
DtG
Old May 16, 2000, 4:42 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Tartetatin:
I second your enthusiasm for Dehillerin. For real kitchen supplies it can't be beat. If anyone ever wants to buy REAL, HEAVY DUTY copper pots now is the time with the ff at ~ 7.2 to the dollar. I bought a large sauce pan and large saute pan for about $110 total a few months ago and can't wait to get back to fill out my set. They have a web site at www.e-dehillerin.fr, but the price list is incomplete.
When staying in Paris, I get off the RER-B one stop sooner at St. Michel and stay at Hotel Eugenie on Rue des Baux Artes. I can't wait to go back in the fall after all the tourists depart.

[This message has been edited by Vulcan (edited 05-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Vulcan (edited 05-16-2000).]
Old May 16, 2000, 9:26 pm

Originally posted by tartetatin:

Brasserie Balzar (get mussels and leg-o-lamb)
Biere Academie (17:00-19:00 happy hr daily)
Medieval tapestries at Musee Cluny
Sculpture garden at Musee Rodin
Killer cookware store Dehellerin at 18 rue
Catacombs
Upside down apple tart *sigh*
Have a wonderful time.
Wow! How did you hit so many of my favorites in one shot. A recomendations for mussels AND lamb at the same place.
If necessary I'll ditch my family to visit the Musee Rodin.
Thanks for the websites also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.