Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip in November someplace warm in US or Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2000, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Trip in November someplace warm in US or Caribbean

Next November, I'd like to get out of the dreary Seattle weather and go someplace warm.... want to relax but not be too bored... I'm not really a beach person. I'm looking for recommendations to go someplace in the US or the Caribbean (we have a 2 for one coupon from American Airlines).... Was thinking of Savanah or Williamsburg... but I don't think it will be that warm... also, not sure you can spend a week in Savanah. If we go to the Caribbean, I haven't any idea what Island would be nice. I'd appreciate any recommendations. I don't normally take relaxing vacations and that is what this will most probably be. It's to celebrate a BIG birthday for me.

Oh, and by the way, we don't golf... (not sure what more there is to do in Bermuda than golf).
Old May 15, 2000, 10:17 am
Original Member

San Antonio is beautiful in November.
Old May 15, 2000, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about San Diego ? Lots to see and a stone's throw from Mexico.
Old May 15, 2000, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

California isn't my cup of tea.... What is in San Antonio?
Old May 15, 2000, 12:45 pm

I recommend the Dominican Republic. Warm, friendly, fun. Alot of "American" history in Santo Domingo. They're trying to build up the number of US visitors, so you might be able to get a good deal.
Old May 15, 2000, 12:52 pm

Sammy-
This isn't in the Caribbean or the US, but I read on Flyertalk about the people who made the LatinPass trip for mucho miles, all of them raved about Quito, Ecuador. They all said the people were nice, prices were low and the sights were beautiful. You can go to the Galapagos Islands from there by boat.
Or you could go to Puerto Rico, a number of my friends have been and enjoyed it.
Old May 15, 2000, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Library Dragon:
Where in Dominican Republic would you recommend? I recall that I researched it a number of years ago and there seems to be two parts of the island and they are far from each other.
Old May 15, 2000, 6:03 pm

Sammy, We became members of the Allegro Resort system because we enjoyed out stay there so much. The Decameron or Diamond Caribe are the closest to Santo Domingo (Juan Dolio beach). During our next stay we intend to go to the Bavaro resort. It's near the Eastern end of the Island. Punta Cana is north (I believe) in the amber region. You can rent a car and travel around. There's one road that leads across the island. There are nature perserves that are very good. If you're really adventerous you can take an excursion into Hati.
Old May 15, 2000, 6:42 pm

Williamsburg isn't very warm in November. Anywhere from the upper 40's to the mid 60's; just depends on the weather at the time... Then again, I consider 80 to 85 to be the perfect temp!

MAt
Old May 15, 2000, 6:43 pm

I like Cancun. There is a lot more to do than beaches. There are nice hotels, restaurants, a touch of history, great weather, and a bunch of other stuff.
Old May 16, 2000, 12:07 am

Sammy, Do keep in mind you may be bordering on or still into hurricane season in the Caribbean at that time of year.
Old May 16, 2000, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your good recommendations. Please let me know if you think of anything else :-)
Old May 16, 2000, 11:40 am

How about Arizona. The desert is very interesting. Or Las Vegas.
Old May 16, 2000, 3:36 pm
In Memoriam

Phoenix (SCOTTSDALE) is very nice that time of the year - lot to do / see and no beach at all. Some very nice hotels / resorts with a big chance for a deal in Nov.

Same is for Palm Springs - in addition some extremly nice boutique style hotels / resorts.

As for D.R.: Go to Bavaro Beach or the Samana peninsula - but beware ... beaches ! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.