Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle ideas and downtown

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2000, 11:36 am
dg1
Original Poster

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for their input. My plan is to take the Metro Bus 194 this upcoming Friday downtown and spend the day there.

The Metro website has a lot of information but I have a few questions for Seattlites (??) or informed visitors:

Does this bus (194) terminate at the Convention Center? If not, is the stop obvious enough that I'll know when to get off?

If I understand correctly, as long as I don't travel between 6am-9am or 3pm-6pm the fare is $1 even though I'm crossing a fare zone. It's $1.75 on this route during those peak hours. Did I understand correctly?

It looks like I might miss the Boeing tour this time, but it gives me a reason to return to Seattle in the future
Old Mar 5, 2000, 4:37 pm

Best bet stay at the Westin or the Brand new build from the ground up, W Seattle Hotel.
Edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by wsboth (edited 03-05-2000).]
Old Mar 5, 2000, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I haven't read all of the replies as of yet, but here are some things I enjoy when I visit.

Walk around Pioneer Square...they have a tour that discusses some of the history in the area.

Go to Pike's Market and order some salmon...sample to your heart's content first. If you like weird stuff, right next to the fun fish market there is a stand that sells cow tongues and stuff like that.

Eat at the Pyramid Brewery by SAFECO Field. Excellent food and a fun atmosphere.

Take the tram from Westlake Center to the Needle...I know I know, but it is a good view; especially if the Mt. Rainier is out.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 10:07 am

Here's a link to the bus schedule for the 194. You can link to a route map from this page as well. You can get off in the bus tunnel at the Pioneer Square station to wander around there, or the Union/University or Westlake stations to go to Pike Place Market. Downtown isn't that big, and the tunnel is in the ride free zone, you pay no fare to go from one tunnel station to the next. Same on the streets (the north-south streets are numbered, lots of buses going up and down 2nd and 3rd Aves).
http://transit.metrokc.gov/bus/schedules/s194_0_.html

Sorry I can't help with the fare structure information, since I've got a bus pass through my job.

Hope this helps.
Karen R
Old Mar 7, 2000, 10:42 am
dg1
Original Poster

Thanks all, Seattle here I come!
Old Mar 7, 2000, 1:42 pm

Hi again,

I don't know if it still helps, but I went downstairs and picked up a schedule for the 194 and verified that the fare is $1.00 when you are travelling off-peak hours, and $1.75 for peak hours (because it is two-zone travel from airport-downtown).

Have a great time!
Karen R
Old Mar 7, 2000, 2:41 pm

The underground city tour is a hoot - did it in '94 and had such a funny guide - definitely worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.