Wiki Posts
Search

Kapalua Bay Hotel, Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2000, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Kapalua Bay Hotel, Maui?

Am planning a trip to Maui in late April. Anyone have experience with the Kapalua Bay Hotel, part of Sheraton's Luxury Collection. I currently have reservations there, but wanted to get more opinions. I have heard some mixed things, like "old-Hawaii" charm, the pool is not great, and the weather/wind can be a problem, and it is set apart a bit. But, I've also heard that it is located on a gorgeous beach, the service is great, rooms nice and that it is refined and quietly elegant.

It sounds like the trade-off is between a big hotel with huge pool areas like the Hyatt or Sheraton on Kaanapali Beach, or a smaller, quieter place like Kapalua Bay. The Grand Wailea, Kea Lani, Ritz and Four Seasons look to be out of my price range, especially with the Mileage Plus Hotel certs. Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 5:59 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Kapalua is OK. The location is about as far away from Lahaina as you can get in West Maui -- except for the Ritz next door. Good service and fine amenities. Nice tennis facilities and 3 incredible golf courses. Excellent snorkeling all around Kapalua Bay. The whales calve just off the coast there but most will be gone by April. Of the choices you mention, Kapalua Bay would be my choice too

Aloha!
Old Jan 18, 2000, 8:40 pm

I love this hotel. Except for the Grand Wailea this is the best on Maui.

Many times the Villas at Kapalua (1,2 or 3 bedroom condos with kitchens) are actually cheaper than the hotel.

Book directly with the villas....different 800 number!

You get all priviliges at Kapalua except the pool at the Bay Hotel. Use your own Villa pool or they also let you use all the pool/beach facilities at The Ritz Carlton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.