Wiki Posts
Search

Nice hotels in Malibu?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2000, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA Plat, US Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold, LP Mile-ionaire
Nice hotels in Malibu?

I'm going to Malibu and would like to find a nice hotel in the area, preferably on the beach. Any suggestions? Any deals? I'm also interested in good restaurants, things to do, etc... Who's been?
Old Jan 17, 2000, 12:35 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Sorry I don't have any hotel suggestions.

However restaurant wise, I just came back from dinner this evening at Taverna Tony's in Malibu. It's the best Greek restaurant I know of in LA. It is located just south of Pepperdine at Civic Center Road and Cross Creek.

I also like Duke's for the casual Hawaiian atmosphere and reasonably priced seafood. It's at PCH and Las Flores.

[This message has been edited by Craig6z (edited 01-17-2000).]
Old Jan 17, 2000, 10:35 am
Original Member

Very close to Malibu in Santa Monica is the new Hotel Casa Del Mar which is lovely and directly on the beach. http://hotelcasadelmar.com
Old Jan 18, 2000, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't think there are any hotels in Malibu. Just a couple of small roadside motels.

I'd recommend staying in Santa Monica where there are many fine hotels. It's just a short drive up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu.

As mentioned, there are loads of fine restaurants in Malibu.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 6:52 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

All I know is that the Malibu Beach Inn on PCH is supposedly pretty good as well as quite small- maybe 50 rooms. Ive never stayed there.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Closer to Malibu is the Fairmont Miramar hotel on the corner of Wilshire and Ocean http://www.fairmont.com/Hotels/Index_SM.html.
There you're only 1 block from 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. Right across the street is a fabulous park with a view to die for--as you face the beautiful, blue Pacific, you can see all the way to Malibu on the right and all the way to Palos Verdes Peninsula to the left.
If you'll have a car, right across the street is an entrance to PCH, which will wisk you to Malibu in 10-15 minutes.
If you stay here, the rooms in the tower are small, so if you don't mind not having an ocean view, stay in the Palisades Tower and ask for a view over the bungalows. Of course, if money is no object, stay in one of the bungalows. Have fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.