Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Toronto - London fare?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2000, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Cheap Toronto - London fare?

I am trying to find a cheap fare between Toronto and London for a weekend trip at the end of January. The travel website that I normally use gives fare of USD1800. Isn't there a cheap way to go? Travel from Boston or New York seems much cheaper, but would prefer to fly direct from Toronto to London. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 2, 2000, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Keep an eye on what Canadian and Air Canada have forwebspecials. There used to be weekend specials for about $460+tax (about $70)

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 01-02-2000).]
Old Jan 2, 2000, 2:06 am

Location: Oxford, UK CO Gold, AS MVP, KL RW and AZ nothing, plus Airmiles collector !! With the AZ / KL split now who knows ?
I just did a look up on my res system... and the major reason your fare is so **** high, is because the cheapest fares from YYZ all require a 14day advance purchase and require a min of 7 day stay.

The absolute lowest fare i could find was a Air India of about US$1400 ( all my quotes are in GBP's )

However buying two seperate tickets and going via DTW I got the fare to approx $800 US - these are all no advance minimum stay = Saturday night req.

Hope this helps

Old Jan 2, 2000, 9:03 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
I have just booked (but not purchased yet) a trip from PIT - LHR via YYZ on AC for US $ 485. It's a weekend trip leaving on a Friday and returning on Monday. Apparently the fares are the same from most US East coast cities. So you could try buying one of these + a RT from YYZ - the city. It is a bit out of the way since you have to come back through YYZ but you'll save a bunch. + you don't really have to use the return segment from YYZ - wherever since you have to go through YYZ anyways.

So you could do:

YYZ - PIT
PIT - YYZ - DON"T USE

PIT - LHR - via YYZ
LHR - PIT - via YYZ (don't use YYZ - PIT)

Total cost @ $800 or less if you can get a cheap YYZ - PIT RT from a travel agent.

[This message has been edited by indogulf (edited 01-02-2000).]
Old Jan 2, 2000, 12:57 pm
Original Member

really weird, but given that you like BA miles, the discount BUSINESS CLASS on either CP or KL fare between either Milan or Rome is about US 1600. That plus a cheap Lon-MXP RT would be under $2k USD for business class over the water

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.