Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best Coach Fare Transatlantic Airline Service

Best Coach Fare Transatlantic Airline Service

Old Dec 15, 99, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I think I'm going to catch the SR flight into ZRH on route to AMS and am looking forward to the rest. Really appreciate the information; would have really liked to try their new 1st class seats but I understand they won't available until early Spring. Looking forward to the flight.
Old Dec 15, 99, 4:05 pm

ba's ams flights leave from terminal 4, where most flights from the states arrive. that should eliminate alot of the heathrow hassle of changing to terminals 1&2? if you do ua changing to bd, then allocate 1 1/2 for that transfer, ugh!!

the rest of this may not be as helpful, but i just had to share. i just flew on a ba 777 from ewr on a friday night flight that was only half full. 3-3-3 seating,(which meant a nice 3 seat bed for me) , 12 channels of video entertainment , probably 14 of audio. it doesn't get a whole lot better in steerage than that. now on the 747, that's a whole other story....

and if you're 1w sapphire or emerald, check out the dinner buffet in the exec club lounge before departure. what's up with that? does any other carrier do that?

feel free to move this to another fourm if you like!!

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 12-15-1999).]
Old Dec 17, 99, 12:44 pm
Original Member

a slightly different view is, depending on how you define coach. VS has premium economy and TW (at least theoretically) for upper level FFs offers free upgrades...then a connection through LGW/LHR/CDG into AMS.
Old Dec 17, 99, 8:44 pm
Original Member

One question: Are any airlines from the U.S. to Europe not smoke-free? I don't want to be trapped on such a long flight with even less-healthy air than we already have without the smoke. When are they going to install HEPA filters??

Fortunately for me, except for my 1st time to Europe, Delta has been smoke free. I had such a hard time breathing on my flight, I called the executive offices at Delta and told them that I wanted smoke-free cabins (6 months later I got it! )) maybe it was me that got them to do it?

If you smoke, I do think they will allow you go out on the wing..at least that is what I saw in a ciggy advertisement. *L* Although, I do not object to smoke cabins as long as they are completely air-tight from the non-smoke cabins so that no smokey air gets out.

Old Dec 17, 99, 10:07 pm
Original Member

Airborne1:

Have a great trip!! You should really like SR. Please could you write a trip report when you get back if you have time??

Aubrie:

I think that the vast majority of airlines from North America to Western Europe are now smoke-free. The alliances probably have a lot to do with this because they most probably want consistency among the members.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Dec 21, 99, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Leroy11- will do. Thanks everyone for the advice/feedback.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: