Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long term parking at WAS area airports

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 1999, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Long term parking at WAS area airports

FYI: The Washington Post today had a story on long term parking at BWI/IAD/WAS compared to parking at hotels near these airports.

Online at: http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPl...21999-idx.html
Old Dec 19, 1999, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SMessier-
Thanks for the great tips. I will re-evaluate my parking. Best deals I have found are:

BWI- Suisse Chalet Hotel (8 min away near BWI Marriott) gives 7 free days with stay before or after. Last time I tried to use them though the hotel was full, and they said no for any parking.

DCA- Really fantastic rates and fast service using SUNPARK Parking (5 min away at 26th St off Rt 1 behind the DCA Hyatt. They have your bags on the van 20 sec after pushing the trunk button. They really have a 100% guarantee. Period. One time a new employee "forgot" to pick me up....and I waited over 30 min. When they did get me, I told Mr Vic (Genl Mgr) the story and 2 min later he tore up my $160 parking tab. I was floored. A coupon is in a copy of the airport Washington Flyer magazine for approx $6.75/day so tear it out. Call or ask at the booth for even lower rate/longer stays.
Old Dec 19, 1999, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Glad to be the one passing along such news. I only wish I'd read about those deals before. Last September I ended up on a 7am AC flight from DCA-YUL, and I could have used the free parking deals along with a bed closer to the airport!

Thanks for your 'findings' as well.

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 12-19-1999).]

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 12-20-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.