Reload this Page >

Strategies To Enhance Eating Alone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strategies To Enhance Eating Alone

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 1999, 7:26 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Since I do a fair amount of traveling alone, I know about eating solo. You get to pick where you want to go, when you want to go, and no one is gonna tell you "Should you be ordering that? Don't you have a cholesterol (weight, sodium, etc.) problem?"

I'm also in the restaurant business.
I agree, go earlier or later than the designated lunch or dinner hour, and do not be hesitant in your actions. If you're standing there alone waiting to be seated, and a party of four people walk in, chances are...you'll get ignored and they'll get seated. Speak up, be polite, and the self-assured aura gets better service.

I also tend to like buffets (no, not King's Table) because of the variety one gets, or to try two or three different restaurants for dinner (appetizers, entrees, desserts, drinks, etc.) if there's plenty of time and I want to check out establishments.

I never bring a book, never order room service, but have been known to go through my huge stack of mail or whip open the laptop. People watching is fun, also.

Ling
Old Nov 25, 1999, 2:20 am
Original Member

Go to fast-food places *s* - nobody cares or notices whether you are eating alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.