Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Free ISP W/O Annoying Ads (Worldspy.com)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 1999, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Here is a new (11-23-99) free ISP with plenty of local access numbers in the USA. It appears they use the MicroAv.com network of telephone numbers. If no ads, maybe you will get a full screen to view.

Their claim to fame is "NO ANNOYING ADS". I downloaded the software today, but did not install it yet. They support it by having their webpage come up first and no ads. Go to http://www.worldspy.com . Good Luck!!

Old Nov 24, 1999, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hey........this thing really works. I have it running now on a Sony PII 300 laptop and it is coming through loud and clear as I write this message. Just as advertised.

It said "I was one of the first to connect". Connects slightly slow, but through-puts are 5-6 kbytes/sec, quite respectable for a 33k modem
Old Nov 24, 1999, 8:36 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, thanks Mister Nice, it is because it is actually provided through alta vista's micro portal!

To just clarify, that's why they use the microav numbers!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 11-25-1999).]
Old Nov 24, 1999, 8:53 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Thanks. I just installed this, everything seems to be fine. I'll keep my other free accounts with NetZero and AltaVista, but this seems to be better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.