Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I think I'm allergic to Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 1999, 5:35 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Having a home in both Seattle and Los Angeles and spending my time equally in each when I am not traveling, I have to say I love Los Angeles. My list is too long to go into now in such a long thread, but there are great restaurants, theatres, hotels, shopping areas, museums, amusement parks, etc. and all close to recreation, major airports, etc. You got the mountains, desert, and ocean all within an hour of each other.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 6:49 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

ET surely is not for El Torrero Craig, a syou obviously know! Actually I never felt threatened there in the past (first time maybe '86) but of course it was usually for lunch, sans alcoholic beverages, rather than for a late night snack!

Always happy to hear of improvements to the neighborhood from folks who really know! I'd always go there once when visiting USC. This last year sadly, I did not make it. I have a friend in Long Beach who absolutely LOVES this place.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Catman, I am allergic to every place, so I use this handy dandy safe nasal spray.

I used to be especially bothered during and after a plane trip. For at least a full day afterwards I'd be sneezing and sneezing constantly. Since I travel quite a bit, this is a lot of sneezing!

I don't know what it is about airplanes, but it used to drive me crazy, and I'd frequently end up with a genuine cold after lots of travel. Not anymore.

I used to live in LA and I was very allergic there too. Now that I live in Washington DC area I am still allergic, but with this spray (Chromolyn (sp?)) I have no more problems, and no side effects either.
Old Nov 22, 1999, 5:07 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Catman: Looking forward to a walk across that bridge and having some sourdough together some time soon, my friend.

Remember, you have a standing invitation to San Francisco - which is, BTW, in Northern California.

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 11-22-1999).]
Old Nov 22, 1999, 10:54 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

OOPPS! There's my geography again!

Dgolds: May I propose that you propose a F-T get together in the City by the Bay, maybe in the spring or early summer, so you can have some better company than this crazy Cat!

I'd love to come back to one of my five favorite world cities.

Thanks for the nasal spray suggestion Richard. Is it sold over the counter at local drug stores?

Say what you want about L-A, the city that has EVERYTHING is the greatest city in the world: NYC!!! '
Old Nov 22, 1999, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Catman, you mentioned the name of someone who has dropped out of sight...Franz! What has happened to our PIP buddy?
Old Nov 22, 1999, 9:42 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Have we been blown wayward? Is anyone still up for a beer at Joe's? Maybe the week of the 29th. Or?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.