Wiki Posts
Search

YUP Markets

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 1999, 10:42 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

YUP Markets

I'm interested to know which non-stop U.S. domestic routes offer YUP (or Y-UP) fares for non-elite travelers and on which airline.

For those who are not familiar with YUP fares, on such routings where they are available, the passenger qualifies for an immediate upgrade to first class if a first class seat is available at the time of ticketing, even if the passenger is not a member of that airline's FF program.

The only market I'm currently aware of that offers non-stop YUP fares is IAH-MSP. Please add to the list. I'm aware that TW offers this on routings via STL, but I'm only interested in non-stop routings.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 11:02 am

I believe that TW and CO? offer YUP or YONEPASS fares on most n/s flights to/from NYC.

NW also has the E-Upgrade, which allows a very cheap upgrade (max $50 each way) at check-in for full fare pax. This is valid on n/s flights to/from its hubs, but not offered at every airport (yet).

Many people don't know this, but DL offers a confirmed first class fare just slightly higher than full-fare coach. It's an FFY fare basis and is the best deal for confirmed first class, with the mileage bonus, etc. This fare is available systemwide.

UA used to offer a special business class fare between SFO and ORD, which was the same price as the BUA coach fare. That fare was only valid on flights offering business class, though (i.e. no standby for F on narrow body flights). This might still be available on many flights to/from DEN and ORD to places like SFO/LAX/SEA.

[This message has been edited by SD Flyer (edited 11-21-1999).]

[This message has been edited by SD Flyer (edited 11-21-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.