Reload this Page >

How do the Fortune 500 CEOs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do the Fortune 500 CEOs?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 1999, 8:59 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
My 1st good laugh of a sh*t day!

Dorian
Old Nov 3, 1999, 10:33 am
geo1004

This [upgrades] for you!!!

Old Nov 3, 1999, 11:22 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
As a suggestion (which I am sure they will not take). I think all CEO's and senior management of travel related industries should be required to use their companies services at least once or twice a year. How are they expected to know what the general public goes through, be it in the air or at a hotel, if they don't experience it first hand themselves. While I know that security and time are of the essence, there must be some point when they can go for a quick trip to one of their offices by regular air or stay in a hotel as a "regular" guest--without special treatment. They may come back to their next Board Meeting with some new ideas or comments.

[This message has been edited by mauld (edited 11-03-1999).]
Old Nov 3, 1999, 3:22 pm
Original Member

As a stockholder, I represent using MY money to fly up front.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Does the ferret fly first class?
Old Nov 4, 1999, 8:01 am

Although I'm not privy to the ferret's arrangements I understand he has a private office suite on the top floor with full staff and private masseuse on call. He jets in and out on his private jet then copters into the helopad on top of the building, so we rarely see him here in the depths of the building. We all keep a respectful distance as befits his status as a Hollywood phenom (My understanding is his contract calls for the clydesdale dalmation dogs to be kept 500' away at all times.)

Old Nov 4, 1999, 8:04 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I wanna be a ferret!

[This message has been edited by Dorian (edited 11-04-1999).]
Old Nov 4, 1999, 10:40 am

Dorian, if it makes you feel any better, I've always considered you a rodent.

(Sorry, it was too easy.)

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

Old Nov 4, 1999, 11:37 am

Tfjim, I made more than my fair share of trips to your city. I know a number of firms in St. Louis prepurchased tickets on TWA to help their cash flow. I must have averaged a 75% delay due to weather. Not my favorite airport. Add to that, I always got stuck in meetings on cost (people) cutting or low employee morale. They never spotted the connection between the two topics. Then they improved my morale by cutting me!
Old Nov 4, 1999, 1:40 pm

Comicwoman,

Far be it from me to make excuses for our airport, but I have to say as a resident of this city I find the airport highly convenient (a 12 minute drive.) Easy parking and fairly easy to navigate when coming and going. However, I understand that it probably is not the best airport to connect, it's design is very mish-mash. Also, the delays are bad at times, but no worse than other cities, and actually the place has been managed well enough lately that the incidence of weather-related delays doesn't make it onto the top-10 list for US airports.

Yes, it's true that the St. Louis old-boy CEO network propped up TWA with prepurchased tickets, but we are not beholden to them and our list of "preferred" airlines is good. I could choose other airlines, but don't for convenience sake.

And if I had my choice between a gleaming new airport 25 miles outside the city (a la Denver, or that silly Mid-America) or a dingy, old, but gets-the-job-done airport just up the road 8 miles I'd choose the latter anyday. But that's the viewpoint of a local.

It's a shame you can't fly commercial into Meigs Field anymore!
Old Nov 4, 1999, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Since nobody beat me to this:

BOY, CAN THAT FERRET SING!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.