Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

An important Notice for Liquorice Lovers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An important Notice for Liquorice Lovers!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 1999, 1:31 am
Commander Catcop

I'm with you on this one essxjay.

The ppuuurrffeeccct Treat is not icky licorice, but hot, fresh, soft Krispy Kreames! The measure of a true friend is someone who surprises someone with a bag or box of Krispy Kreames!

Old Oct 29, 1999, 9:52 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
johna-thanks for the offer. I've got 40lbs on the way as well. Any UK members who'd like to try. send me an e-mail. I'm sure there'll be some spare to go around. BTW Brian what rate of commission are you on?!!
Old Oct 29, 1999, 11:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Loyal to Myself
I would love to get a license to distribute the stuff in the U.S., build a web site, and sell the daylights out of it.

Essxjay, all I can say, is that if your ex- had a choice of you or liquorice, and he picked liquorice, he deserved what he got. I may like the stuff, but I am not crazy.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 2:58 pm
Original Member

Not to add to this fire--has anyone tried Salt licorice from the Scandinavian countries--boy is that a taste treat! Very weird to this gringo's taste buds (who was raised on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches)
Old Oct 29, 1999, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ahhh......... Er........ Excuse me for asking this question, but, in the name of science I must. Have any of you, well, come up deficient in any recent endeavors? As for you forty-pounder mega-dealers, sounds like a lot of 28 gram doses. Since this FT experiment has only begun, we can only observe the near term effects (if any) to date. Hope any negative effects are short-living and reversible.

I did fax the New England Journal of Medicine article to my personal physician. No answer has been received to date.

I also showed it to my next door neighbor. He said it sounds like a really good thing, and he is going to buy a couple of boxes and give them to all of his twin daughter's boyfriends. He quietly said to me, "the stuff's sure expensive, but sounds like good cheap insurance to my wife and me". His wife listened, nodded her head and agreed with him for a change.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 9:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

All I was trying to do was tell everyone about my favorite overseas treats.

Just don't ask me about Mountain Dew.
Old Nov 2, 1999, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Jamiel:

A colleague urged me to try one of those salt licorice candy. As quick as that little black cube went into my mouth, it came back out quicker. What can I say? It was bitter, salty, licorice-y, spicy... definitely an acquired taste.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 11:15 am

my package just arrived. Tasting notes to follow, but my wife's initial reaction is yummmmmm!
Old Nov 3, 1999, 6:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

That was pretty quick, Martin. I am still working my way through the last couple of pounds from my Melbourne trip.
Old Nov 4, 1999, 12:22 pm

Brian - this is great stuff. FF's everywhere owe you a debt of gratitude in pointing out this delectable treat.

Having deciphered the bill, it may be cheaper to fly to Oz and bring it back as hand baggage! But hey this is heaven!

Anyone else got any suggestions for delicacies from around the world? Mine has to be black (ie blood) pudding from the good old UK. Beat that anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.