Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

For Women Only: An Online Travel Resource Just For Women!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 1999, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Journeywoman, an online travel magazine just for women!
http://www.journeywoman.com/

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 10-14-1999).]
Old Oct 14, 1999, 11:21 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Includes important stuff like:

"If you're young, single and a female traveller, here's the scoop on the 10 best places to meet twentysomething (or maybe thirtysomething) guys along the way."

Don't knock it, I met my wife 20 years ago while traveling, on the Galapagos Islands!
I was thirtysomething at the time.

[This message has been edited by Old Gold (edited 10-14-1999).]
Old Oct 14, 1999, 11:52 am
Commander Catcop

That's a beautiful story Old Gold. I have met your lovely wife and you both are very very lucky to be together!

And thanks for that story... I guess there's hope for a certain good looking, cat loving YOUNG 30-something!!!
Old Oct 14, 1999, 5:23 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
You Know Catman, I was about your age (34) when I met my first and only bride. If the Cat keeps going to interesting places, and doing fun things, he stands a chance of meeting a similar kitten.
Old Oct 14, 1999, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

If you do it right the first time, once is enough!
Old Oct 14, 1999, 7:19 pm
Original Member

I met my Hunnybear in the Thai Airways Royal Orchid Lounge in BKK. That's definitely the best place to meet prospective beaux. (Although in less than a month I will be neither twenty- nor thirty-something!)
Old Oct 15, 1999, 7:18 am

Lightning can strike anywhere.

Let's not forget the more traditional method... Like being introduced to your wife-to-be while getting drunk in a bar after being robbed at gunpoint.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Oct 15, 1999, 10:59 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Jon Toner,

And after a Red Sox loss, no doubt! (sorry, just couldn't resist )
Old Oct 15, 1999, 3:06 pm

Naah. It was August 22 (Carl Yastrzemski's birthday, by the way). After the traumatic post-season losses, a regular season loss doesn't ruffle any feathers!

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Oct 15, 1999, 4:40 pm
In Memoriam

Um, er, I must have gotten lost, I thought I was in General Travel Talk, but this is just so OMNI!!

BTW, how did you guys manage to turn a thread about a women's travel site into a discussion about baseball!?

Go Boston!!
Old Oct 15, 1999, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
It's very difficult for this dyed-in-the-pinstripe-wool Yankee fan to admit, but in both games so far, the Sox wuz robbed! (By the umpires.)

TW: I'm thinking of taking the subway to Shea Stadium tonight. OK for GTT now?

[This message has been edited by RichG (edited 10-15-1999).]
Old Oct 19, 1999, 4:22 pm
Alee

TravelWeary - Good question...!

Can we perhaps keep this thread going with some items such as: What is the safest/least safest travel destination for women?

Old Oct 19, 1999, 10:00 pm

Travelweary:

TribeFlyer's fault! (It's so rare that a conversation veering into baseball is NOT my fault)

------------------
Old Oct 20, 1999, 10:51 am
In Memoriam

OK, now that Boston is out of it, there'll be no more talk about baseball here!

Alee: If you haven't signed up for this site's newsletter. I've gotten some interesting information from them including a tip on a little hotel in Scotland that sounds good. Also, a place for some good travel tips is at:
http://www.tips4trips.com/Tips/femmtips.htm
(Sorry, I didn't know how to hotlink this although I looked in the FAQ area)

I know I've seen an article on just what you mentioned, safe cities for women, but I couldn't find it. If I run across it I'll let you know. Or, perhaps someone else has seen this?
=====================
Well, I guess I do know how to hot link after all...I just copied and pasted the URL!

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 10-20-1999).]
Old Oct 20, 1999, 1:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
TravelWeary - could you please post info about the hotel in Scotland. I couldn't find it in the link and I tried to email you, but the email was returned, undelivered. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.