Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Online Booking nightmare

Online Booking nightmare

Old Oct 5, 1999, 1:47 pm

I completely agree with your frustration in using US Airways' Priority Travel Works. I have had several itineraries quoted by the "fare shopper", selected the relevant flight, and seen the price exactly double when I went to enter my credit card information. I was told that this is a known software issue. Funny how it never worked in reverse by cutting the fare in half instead of doubling it! At other times, the system simply does not quote the lowest available fare. In order to collect the 1,000 mile bonus, I ask for a supervisor at PTW and quote the fare I found elsewhere. Somehow, they miraculously find it too and manually enter the reservation for me. Perhaps this is why US is dumping this program at year's end. You may want to note the new 5,000 mile bonus for first-time bookings through the US website at http://www.usair.com/index.html. I have found this system to be slow and not very complete on connecting flights. Also, it does not feature the great seat selection chart found on PTW. I hope this information is helpful.

[This message has been edited by us flyer (edited 10-05-1999).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.