The NY Times on the ORD delay-problems

from the NY Times, Sunday, sep-19-99

CORRESPONDENT'S REPORT / By PAM BELLUCK

Y2K? O'Hare Wants To Forget 1999
http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/travel/ta990919.html
Old Sep 20, 99, 3:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
In any case, travelers might be smart to book flights that arrive or depart before noon or after 11 P.M., the hours with the fewest delays, F.A.A. statistics show. Passengers flying between 5 P.M. and 11 P.M. are the most likely to be kept waiting.
What a joke. They expect pax to route themselves for the convenience of the FAA? Clue in, FAA.

The most recent flight I took through ORD did connect well before 5 p.m. Too bad that was the very day some clown decided to breach security . . . not to open up a new can of worms or anything

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 09-20-1999).]
Old Sep 20, 99, 3:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
essxjay:

I can't access the full article, so I might be missing what you're referring to, but no where in that quote does it say the FAA is suggesting passengers fly at different times to avoid delays. It appears the writer is saying based on stats, you have less of a chance of experiencing delays if you avoid certain hours.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: