Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline--Taking Travel Bookings by Storm

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 1999, 5:11 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Priceline--Taking Travel Bookings by Storm

I thought I'd post an update on Priceline's ability to change how we purchase our travel.

From the 9/13/99 Wall Street Journal:

STAMFORD, Conn. -- Priceline.com Inc.'s (PCLN) name-your-price hotel room service set weekly sales records of 15,000 rooms and 16,000 rooms for the first two weeks of September.

In a press release Monday, the Internet pricing system said the service's September hotel room bookings are up over 300% since the beginning of the year.

From the 9/14/99 Wall Street Journal:

STAMFORD, Conn. -- Priceline.com Inc. (PCLN) sold 50,000 leisure airline tickets last week, setting a one-week sales record.

In a press release Tuesday, the discount travel services company said it believes its sales account for 2% of overall U.S. leisure ticket sales.

The company said it sold an average of 5,000 to 7,000 tickets each week at the beginning of 1999.
END

I'm a major bargain hunter in just about every aspect of my life (I like nice things), so Priceline is right up my alley

Anyone up for posting any new testimonials?

If you need any helpful hints for placing a bid, in addition to posting them here, someone at my Yahoo Club may be able to offer some useful info.
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/pricelinedeals
Old Sep 19, 1999, 6:45 pm
Original Member

Sheryl,

Thanks for posting the stats on PRICELINE.COM.

Just my two cents...

Sorry I don't have a testimonial for you...

Mike
Old Sep 19, 1999, 6:56 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks Sheryl. I read this article when it came out too. Just can't personally see going this route. KAL or SQ? I like to know what carrier I'm entrusting and also when I'm leaving. And no miles! No elite qualifying! I don't think so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.