Reload this Page >

Any Epcot Discounts?

Any Epcot Discounts?

Old Sep 15, 1999, 8:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Any Epcot Discounts?

My wife and I plan to be in Orlando on 10/9-14. We plan to go to Epcot two days. Are there any discounts available. The packages I find are for 3 or more days at the Disney attractions. We only need two days each. Hope Hyatt Grand Cypress to entertain up the rest of the time. Fourth trip, done most everything else that appeals to us. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 6:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I have received discounts twice in the past. For the first discount, I received a Magic Kingdom Club card free with membership in Best Fares or some other such club. For the second, employees get an allotment of free passes each year and I happened to have a friend with extras.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 7:33 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

And Disney shareholders get a break too. If you go alot you may want to pick up a few shares!
Old Sep 16, 1999, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Disney sharholders no longer (as of about 5 years ago) get any kind of discount on park admission. They instead are offered a special price on the purchase of a Magic Kindom Club Gold Card. There is no difference in the ticket discout given between a Gold and Regular member. Free Magic Kingdom Club cards are available from most large employer's Employee Relations or Human Resorces departments.

The discount for MKC members is only a couple of bucks off the General Public price ($44 plus tax) on a one-day, one park ticket, so it's really no big deal.

Unfortunatly you jump from one-day, one-park tickets to a 4 day Park Hopper pass.

So beware, there is no one day Park Hopper pass available at any price. When you buy your one-day, one-park ticket you are stuck in the Park you have entered for the entire day...you can't go to another park that same day unless you buy another ticket!

The only other discounted ticket that I know of is a Military Passport. U.S. military service personnel and DoD onbase personnel can purchase and are available only at participating MWR Ticket Offices throughout the United States.

Sorry.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 11:44 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, I recall when Disney made this change. I cancelled our MKC Gold card initially puchased with the application provided with the annual report when, as you note, my wife got a free one from her employer. And they are often very rigid/limited in the discounts/plans they offer. As you say, it seems the average percentage amount discounted was only 10%.

Yet the discount with the card, regular or Gold, in any case can add up for several children (and adults) over several days. You also get a discount (~10%) on lodging and some food.

We saved quite a bit two years ago with the family over 4 days/nights at EuroDisney, now more correctly called Disneyland Paris, I believe.

Sometimes Amex also runs some specials with them as well.

BTW- We all did like the Paris location despite some lukewarm reviews etc!
Old Sep 16, 1999, 2:00 pm

If you are a Florida resident, you can buy a certificate from Sun Trust Bank in Miami or Orlando for $89.00. This certificate is good for unlimited admissions to all four Disney parks from September 20 to December19,1999

------------------
"if you want to know about the road ahead, ask those who are returning"-chinese proverb
Old Sep 16, 1999, 2:23 pm

DQ - Methinks you have to open an account with SunTrust to get that deal...

While not 'legal' and beware of getting caught, I have heard 'stories' of folks selling their unused day(s) of 4 day park-hopper passes that they've bought. Buyer beware, but it's a thought.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Sep 16, 1999, 2:34 pm

Disney recently started a "bounce back pass" which gives a small discount for people who only want to spend two or three days at their parks. You pay full price for the first day ( $44 adult + tax) and before you leave the park for the day, you must buy your pass for the second day at a $5 discount ($39). A third day pass cost $10 less and then there are no further discounts. This cerainly isn't a big discount, but Disney is not known for their big discounts.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You could always look around for a condo timeshare promo, put up with the 90 min talk and get free tix! Better yet, borrow someone's baby to shorten the talk!!
Old Sep 16, 1999, 9:12 pm
Original Member

One year when we went to DisneyWorld the Epcot theme for that time was the "Year Of the teacher" of something like that. Anyway, my friend was a teacher and brought along her certificate and was given free admisson for one day. This was about 4 or 5 yrs. ago, but I'd call Epcot and ask if any special promos are happening on the dates you expect to be there. Couldn't hurt!
Old Sep 17, 1999, 12:30 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
teacher (Epcot). I just discovered that the former teacher's-pavillon disappeared (it was on my right hand side just after entering the Epcot Center) and I couldn't buy this time (2 weeks ago) all the great teacher's/education's stuff I brought home to my teaching daughters (and boyfriends) in Switzerland.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rudi, the teachers resource center (Epcot Outreach) has been temporarily been moved to the old General Electric VIP Lounge in the Horizons Pavillion.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 2:28 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I asked/inquired - nowbody (from Disney) really knew - why didn't you join our party PremEx?
Old Sep 17, 1999, 6:24 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Yeah PremEx -- it's not like you weren't invited!
Old Sep 17, 1999, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry. I had to wax my car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.