Reload this Page >

DL Pax Convicted

DL Pax Convicted

Old Aug 18, 99, 8:57 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

DL Pax Convicted

A Brit was finally convicted of a misdemeanor count of assault in Federal Court yesterday for his unruly behavior abaord a DL flight last 6/7/99. The jury hung on the felony charge of interfering with the duties of a crew member. He was acquitted on 3 other counts of assault and a fifth charge of assault on a FA. He now faces up to 6 months in prison. Recall he was freed on @0k bond but required to remain in Bangor pending his trial. Take home message- Don't drink too much and/or be unruly!
Old Aug 18, 99, 11:33 am
jet

Programs: UA MM; DL SPG HH Gold
they shoulda convicted his sorry behind on the felony charges too and locked him up forever...
Old Aug 18, 99, 12:51 pm
Original Member

That's a balanced view of the criminal justice system jet.

It's nice to see the US courts taking action about these things though. I suspect 6 months in jail in a foreign country is something of a deterrent. I look forward to seeing a lot more of these sort of passengers going down.
Old Aug 18, 99, 1:31 pm

happy to hear they made an example of this guy. Hope it's a deterrent and helps in the future.
Old Aug 18, 99, 1:45 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

james- Your point is well taken and surely correct- it is a foreign jail, albeit in the USA, not Iran or Libya (no offense to my Iranian/Libyan friends)! If I was a foreign national having to face a prison sentence, I'd pick the US jails over anywhere else- every time! And his English will help him learn how to speak American! Cheers!
Old Aug 18, 99, 9:36 pm

But all I can picture is the convict in the chow line as some 6'6", 300 lb. brute turns and asks, "Whatcha in for?".

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Aug 19, 99, 5:41 pm

I see on Sky News that Delta were planning to push for him to be prosecuted on other charges that were originally dropped.

Sky also said that the UK Government are looking at introducing a law which will allow courts to imprsion someone for upto 2 years for air-rage incidents.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: