Reload this Page >

Very cool brochure from Delta ...

Old Aug 17, 99, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC

I'm in the CRC here in N'Awlins, and they have this very cool brochure called "Changing Planes: The View from 30,000 Feet, How the Airline Industry Really Works Twenty Years After Deregulation".

Needless to say I haven't had the chance to read it through yet, but it looks *really* interesting. They have articles about all sorts of airline related issues, including a really neat one on revenue management including diagrams of the seats filling up and everything.

I'm not sure how you could obtain a copy of this other than through DL, the only contact name I can find on the brochure is that of Lisa Davis, (404)773-2561, but it just says to call her for source documentation of statistics. Anyway, I'd highly recommend getting a copy of this if you can ...

Maybe if someone has a scanner I can send it to them and they can scan it and post it on the web somewhere (I only have one extra copy though ...).
Old Aug 17, 99, 3:30 pm

I'll be at the CRC at PDX tomorrow. I'll try to grab a few copies and will let everyone know if I get them. Could mail if anyone wants one...
Old Aug 17, 99, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
I'm in ATL now after my MSY-ATL flight on my way to Groton, CT. I read through it, and it appears to be basically a lobbying tool touting the benefits of deregulation and how great air travel is in general.

The section on how a plane fills up and the the fare classes the people pay is definitely the coolest part, but it is definitely of interest to frequent travelers.

I now have six extra copies (I found more in various locations in the MSY CRC) that I can send out, and I will send them to the first six people to e-mail me at mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A> (unless of course you offer a bribe, in which case you will move to the top of the list).

Despite the fact this is definitely marketing/lobbying material, I still think it is quite interesting, especially some of the statistics quoted.
Old Aug 17, 99, 11:18 pm

OK, when Beckles runs out...try me. Don't know how many I can get, but will try for 10-12 if available.

Beckles, if nobody wants them, we can just mail them back & forth to each other..

BTW, got my Diner's card today...thanks.

[This message has been edited by shadow (edited 08-17-1999).]
Old Aug 18, 99, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/GM , HH <>, AX-Plat
I got a copy a few weeks ago. To me the stats on award seats are the most interesting. They reflect the view that Delta awards a bit fewer than the other airlines. Altogether quite interesting.

I'll grab a few for the Flyertalker pile and anyone can email me for a copy.

Jim (in the Diners Lounge, Sao Paulo)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: