Wiki Posts
Search

Free tickets being given out on the Heathrow Express

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 1999, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Free tickets being given out on the Heathrow Express

The big new check-in facility at Paddington station in London is just great. There are a lot of airlines that use it now. All the Star and One World for example. It's just been opened for a few weeks and was not at all crowded the two times I was there. You check-in two hours before your flight, get your boarding pass and then hop on the Heathrow express for a 15 minute non-stop trip to the airport.

TIP: Do not buy your Heathrow express ticket (GPB 10.00) until after check-in. They were giving the tickets away for free at the Star check-in desk recently and I suspect at other desks too. (I got two of them)

Old Jul 23, 1999, 9:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
Thanks Austman, I'll be in London shortly and will try the service.

Cheers Scott
Old Jul 23, 1999, 10:47 am
Commander Catcop

Is this a promotion to celebrate the new airport check-in facility? (A brilliant idea... that's what they're hoping to do at the "new" Penn Station whenever they get around to finishing it) Because if it's permanent then how will the Heathrow Express make money if people are getting free tickets?

But a great "EYE SPY" tip Austman
Old Jul 23, 1999, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
I really don't know. All I can say it that it is newly opened (or expanded) from late June and it's the biggest non-airport check-in in Europe. I think more than 25 airlines have check-in desks now.

As for the free Heathrow Express tickets, it was a surprise for me. But the passenger before me got one too. It must be just a promotion. But... it's an easy check-in and you might just get a free Heathrow Express ticket as well. So why not buy your ticket after check-in? You have nothing to lose.

[This message has been edited by Austman (edited 07-23-1999).]
Old Jul 26, 1999, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a Star Alliance promotion.

Check in for a Star Alliance flight at Paddington Station now through September 12, 1999, and ride the Heathrow Express for free. For more information, visit http://www.star-alliance.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.