Search

FlyerTalkers' favourite airline...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 1999, 8:19 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
FlyerTalkers' favourite airline...

Well, I only received 36 responses. I will post the results anyway.

The winner: CO (9 votes)

2. BA (5)
3. SQ, UA (4)
5. AC, AS, DL (2)

Thanks for your participation.
Old Jul 12, 1999, 8:40 am
pgupta011

I have a favorite airline, but I'd rather not vote on this.

Old Jul 12, 1999, 1:23 pm
Original Member

I think that this was a very "unofficial" vote, pgupta...

Old Jul 12, 1999, 3:35 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

pgupta, as I've noted in the previous thread (in response to philforest), this was an unscientific survey. I just wanted to get a very simplistic idea of (very frequent) FlyerTalkers' favourite airline. Obviously done for fun and not meant to be "official."
Old Jul 12, 1999, 4:22 pm
Original Member

What happened to AA? And that's not the "anonymous" group. I know where they are.

Seems like I saw a vote or two for AA?

I see only 28 votes above.

[This message has been edited by JAWS_II (edited 07-12-1999).]
Old Jul 12, 1999, 5:21 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Mmmm... Conducted by a Texan and low and behold CO wins? Any relationship, Mr Bush? Just kidding of course! But SQ down there tied with UA - I don't know- maybe we should call these preliminary results (kind of half-time) and threw open the voting for a whiole longer!
Old Jul 12, 1999, 6:15 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
No faking here, CO is better.

In fact, just yesterday I received a letter from their President and Chairman listing all of the awards they won, just in case I wanted to know.

Really, honest. I wouldn't kid about this sort of thing. They must be telling the truth or they wouldn't have bothered to send me the letter, right?
Old Jul 12, 1999, 8:39 pm
Original Member

No faking here, CO is better.

In fact, just yesterday I received a letter from their President and Chairman listing all of the awards they won, just in case I wanted to know.

Really, honest. I wouldn't kid about this sort of thing. They must be telling the truth or they wouldn't have bothered to send me the letter, right?

I figured this was better than "ditto", since I received the same "awesome" letter.
Old Jul 13, 1999, 7:24 am
Original Member
Original Poster

LOL doc! It would be nice to have more votes but people stopped posting/sending me e-mail so I went ahead and posted what I had.

JAWS: There were actually a few people who e-mailed (as originally requested) instead of posting their votes, hence, the discrepancy (i.e., 28 versus 36). I only posted the "top 5" since there were several airlines that received 1 vote (to include AA).
Old Jul 13, 1999, 7:48 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well... a belated Congrat's to CO then! Kudos for Mr. Bethune and all the CO folks who make it work!
Old Jul 13, 1999, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
I'm sorry I didn't vote because I felt that there was too many things to consider. And how would define as a 'favourite' airline? I travel often (too often in fact) and I rate airlines differently depending on the route, and class of travel I am taking.

If flying in coach, business and first,on which aircraft has the best pitch vs which airline.

Food served in economy, business and first.

Service. All airlines. All classes.

Airline home base vs routes flown.

I leave frequent flyer programme out of this because that might be biased against one's better judgement.

Old Jul 13, 1999, 11:13 am
pgupta011

ditto

Old Jul 13, 1999, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Celestar - you are right, there are a lot of factors, but in casting my vote (and ignoring my obvious bias... :] ) I just closed my eyes and thought about which planes I am happiest to be aboard - definitely BA, all of the statistics aside.
Old Jul 13, 1999, 5:54 pm

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
NJDavid & JAWS_II: Ditto, Ditto on the letter from CO. What's up with that? How 'bout some "thanks for CONTINUING to keep us successful"? OR (better yet), since you are such a loyal CO customer, here's some xtra bonus miles on us!

OK, I'm a dreamer...doesn't hurt anything to hope
Old Jul 13, 1999, 6:02 pm
Original Member

How about SR - I'm a huge fan of them now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.