Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any cheap parking at Lagurdia in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 1999, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Any cheap parking at Lagurdia in NYC?

OK - Not sure why parking at Lagurdia Airport is so expensive. The official long terms lots at Newark and JFK are only $8 a day, whereas the cheapest at Laugardia is $24 for first 24 hours and then $10/day afterwards (that is, if the only long term lot, Lot #3 isn't full).
see: http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/lgrpfram.htm

So - all you FlyerTalkers - please give me an alternative for parking at Laguardia that is much more reasonable. (yes, I know about public transport of trains/buses, but I need to bring a car).

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 1999, 1:50 pm
Commander Catcop

I think parking is SO expensive at LGA airport because there's so little room for lots and space for parking areas. The airport is built to capacity.

What you could do is (and let me preface this by saying I NEVER< EVER DRIVE IN THE CITY UNLESS I HAVE TO

1. Park at JFK.
2. take a taxi or the Airport Express bus to LaGuardia.
3. Repeat the same process only in reverse.

Or you could maybe see if one of the hotels around Laguardia knows of long term parking that's reasonable.

------------------
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!!!

Old Jul 9, 1999, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i seem to remember that some of the hotels around LGA actually provide long tern parking, similar to all the off-site parking options at LAX. how expensive and which hotels - i couldn't tell you - but i believe there are signs on the hotel facades that are visible on the approach to the airport. i think maybe the wyndham (or wyndham garden?) is one such hotel.
Old Jul 9, 1999, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Catman - Due to very large objects being taken to the airport, I must drive there (and have the car somewhat close by upon return). So, your suggestion won't work.

UK Stages - I called the Wyndham at LGA and there is indeed a lot next door that has parking. They charge $17/day. So, no go.

Old Jul 9, 1999, 4:41 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I used to park at Rite-Way parking, an offsite lot at 94th St. with free shuttle service to LGA (they're also at JFK). They discount for AAA members, and last time I checked, they charged about $11/day. If you call ahead to reserve a spot, they guarantee you a place, even on holiday weekends. Call 800-number directory assistance to get their toll-free phone number. The Ramada hotel also offers airport parking...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.