Wiki Posts
Search

Double check those Non FF point Progs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 1999, 10:56 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Double check those Non FF point Progs

You think getting credit for the FF programs was tough.

Try the non-ff programs.

A big problem I'm having now is with My Points, which I have written to THREE TIMES to ask if my Bonus Mail points have been transferred (the programs are merging; 5 Bonus Mail points now equal 1 My point.)

They have sent form letters saying they are looking into it. It's now over a month and a half, no response.

I have over 7900 Bonus Mail points still stuck in space. I was hoping to use the point totals for either airline certificates or Target Gift certificates.

To a lesser extend, and this is wierd, was an e-mail from Click Rewards saying I still needed a second purchase for their 500 point promotion. I made purchases at Barnes & Noble, The Gap and Disney, I figured I made my two points. First letter, should get a quick response.

The BIGGEST offender: FreeRide from AT&T Worldnet. You can't earn FF miles with them yet but I click to get the free month's of Worldnet Service. Twice I hit the point threshold and About a dozen times I had to call and get my free months.

NOW I have hit a third time. Let's see how long this takes to credit.

My fingers hurt from clicking all those websites. What's the point if we are not SHOWN THE POINTS!!1

------------------
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!!!

Old Jun 6, 1999, 11:18 am
pgupta011

Yes, I have had problems with all those sites as well.

Freeride has not been crediting my AT&T Worldnet service for the past four months though they have been deducting points automatically from my account. I wrote to them twice about it. It seems that the first time they did not do anything about it - just sent me a message saying that it takes some time to set up. Their second message indicates that they have been having a lot of problems with crediting, so I am not surprised that you are having problems as well. They do not have a FF tie up, but I have used some points for free CDs/DVDs from CDNow, which I have used in conjunction with $10 off offers from CDNow (there is a current promotion of $10 off purchases $15 or more - but only one purchase per customer during promotion period. They seem to run these promotions often so I have used several such promotions).

MyPoints/BonusMail also seems to be having some problems consolidating the accounts. I wrote to them and they fixed the problem. The good news is that with the merger I have more points and may be able to reach a higher award. I am hoping to get to 5000 points and redeem for a $100 Marriott certificate (they can also be used for 5000 miles, but I prefer the cash certificate).

Old Jun 6, 1999, 7:57 pm
pgupta011

I have had no glitches with prolaunch ( www.prolaunch.com )- just redeemed a $25 Target certificate.

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 06-06-99).]

Old Jun 7, 1999, 12:31 pm
pgupta011

Yes, they changed it for a day. I did not like the change and am glad they changed it back.

Old Jun 7, 1999, 1:54 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Yes, Prolaunch has been very good at honoring points and mailing awards (I too used my points for Target!)

I've written them asking if they could add the option of transferring points to our FF accounts. I think you can get airline certificates but I WANT THE MILES!

------------------
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!!!

Old Jun 7, 1999, 4:11 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ditto for My Points and Freeride. MP is slow or down and it's difficult to get credits posted. FR is faster and more reliable, but it took me almost two months to get my wallet opened! I emailed them 3x. Incidentally, did they change their site for 1 day and then change back a few weeks ago?
Old Jun 8, 1999, 8:59 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Amen! They must have had some troubles or got some real grief from members. That was really a short lived change!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.