Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott v B and B's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Marriott v B and B's

Here is a vote. I hate B and B's. Staying in some persons house as a paying guest who they've never met before...I'll share position by saying that I don't like that. More comfortable at the Marriott, actually. There is my thoughts.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:45 am

By my self, I prefer hotels,
But my wife and I love meeting people and the charm of B&B's.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:05 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed in a bad B&Bs where you do feel as though you're staying in someone's house. OTOH, I've found some absolutely amazing B&Bs that are very professionally run and provide a far more enjoyable experience than crowded resorts (my favorites are a 6000-sq-foot place with six rooms that's hidden away in a little town near Kona and another that's really hidden - 2-mile private road to get to it - on Maui, with Sammy Haggar being the closest neighbor). Just like you can't paint all hotels with the same brush, you can't do so with B&Bs either. There are good ones; there are bad ones; there are awesome ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.