Search

Unusual, but useful amenities in hotel rooms

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Duke787
....and in Santorini when they had a trash can for toilet paper (did not realize going in that due to pipes on the island, they wanted you to put your toilet paper in the bin not the toilet).
Uh, sounds, um, messy.

David
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
These days it would be extremely unusual, but in the past I've encountered small shoe cleaning cloths, and found them very useful. They are usually of a fabric that doesn't shed lint, so they're helpful for wiping down devices with screens, getting travel stains off a suitcase, or actually buffing up one's shoes.
Travelling around France currently and all the hotels so far have had shoe kits. But none have had USB chargers and only one has had a spare (but only one) socket for chargers - at all the others you've had to unplug the bedside light to charge your phone.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Travelling around France currently and all the hotels so far have had shoe kits. But none have had USB chargers and only one has had a spare (but only one) socket for chargers - at all the others you've had to unplug the bedside light to charge your phone.
The HP/HH CDG has plenty of USB charging ports in the rooms, but the rooms probably have never even seen a shoe kit. The Canopy Hilton Trocadero in Paris also does a decent job with charging ports. For a while I had never seen USB C charge ports in rooms, but now I’m seeing them too in France as well. A nice amenity to have so I don’t need to swap the plug contacts of chargers and can instead just use the cords.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.