Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What’s the trashiest behavior that you’ve seen in first/business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

On a recent trip in first class, a passenger behind me watched at least R-rated movies on her phone, with the volume turned up, foul language used and no headphones.

What’s the trashiest behavior that you’ve seen in first or business class? Did the staff stop the behavior?
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
giant duck feet on the bulkhead

doesn’t quite rise to the level OP describes, but still tacky, and FAs were basically oblivious to it
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jrl767
Sounds like a bit of quack up.

David
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
trashiest behavior are people sitting in F when their ticket isn’t for F! :-)

Originally Posted by jrl767
doesn’t quite rise to the level OP describes, but still tacky, and FAs were basically oblivious to it
usually I see loads of bare feet on the walls. I’m more concerned for the pax and their mental state than anything else.

but regarding people in public who watch anything on their phone without headphones - on a plane, I would ask them or FA to encourage headphone use. It’s just not acceptable to let someone do that - it can escalate to a sound battle as other people turn on their devices without headphones. Do we want to hear Frozen on someone’s device? That’s something that I can’t just let go.
Annalisa12 and Franky16 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
On a recent trip in first class, a passenger behind me watched at least R-rated movies on her phone, with the volume turned up, foul language used and no headphones
What did she say when you said something to her?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Misbehaving kids using the whole F cabin as their personal playground with absolutely no respect for flight attendants, parents who don't care as they are Emiratis so they believe they own the airline and FAs who cannot be bothered as they don't like to loose their jobs.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Nose picking and wiping on seat back. Repeatedly.
Drinking to the point of stupor.
Vaping under a blanket and exhaling into the rolled up blanket. Only when the FC cabin attendant went to the back of the plane.
Hair draped over the seatback and blocking the screen in the seatback.
A guy who took off his shoes to reveal the most disgusting foot odor I have ever smelt. It was like a Roquefort cheese factory and tangy body odor combined into one.
Dog who took a dump in the aisle. Owner walked the dog up from eco, only to have this dog leave a small a small mountain of poo in the FC aisle. If there's one thing that makes me dry retch it's the smell of DS.
Franky16, Spanish and mtofell like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Etihad Apartments AUH-BOM.

Presumably very drunk, shortly before departure, Mr.1F went to the bathroom (the one with the shower) and apparently puked all over the place.
The clean up delayed the flight for 15 minutes.

Amazingly, he was allowed to fly, clearly not a customer they wanted to upset.

The crew couldnt be more apologetic to the other 2 pax in the F cabin that day, but they said there is nothing they could do as the customer was a VIP.

Domestically, IAH-OKC, there were (I assume mother and daughter) who looked like and acted like straight out of the trailer park seated in 1A/2A on a CRJ in "first" class, who kept going on how they paid extra for this and they should be continuously served. Of course bare feet on bulkhead.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Etihad Apartments AUH-BOM.

Presumably very drunk, shortly before departure, Mr.1F went to the bathroom (the one with the shower) and apparently puked all over the place.
The clean up delayed the flight for 15 minutes.
This is really great. At least you didn’t have to see the mess in the bathroom :-)
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
The guy on the other side of the center J aisle who turbo-farted loudly for 11 hours UA EWR-TLV... I had no idea a human body could contain that much gas without levitating.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by timfountain
Nose picking and wiping on seat back. Repeatedly.
Drinking to the point of stupor.
Vaping under a blanket and exhaling into the rolled up blanket. Only when the FC cabin attendant went to the back of the plane.
Hair draped over the seatback and blocking the screen in the seatback.
A guy who took off his shoes to reveal the most disgusting foot odor I have ever smelt. It was like a Roquefort cheese factory and tangy body odor combined into one.
Dog who took a dump in the aisle. Owner walked the dog up from eco, only to have this dog leave a small a small mountain of poo in the FC aisle. If there's one thing that makes me dry retch it's the smell of DS.
The dog takes the cake!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Spanish
The dog takes the cake!
......and it wasn't even a first class dog.
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Boogers

Flying OSL-CPH on SK in the 2nd row 15 years ago the passenger in front of my picked his nose and then leaned back and dropped his found treasures across the back of his seat, basically on me. I was too flabbergasted to say anything.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Someone on a redeye screaming into a FaceTime Call-a big no on an airplane in flight.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Someone on a redeye screaming into a FaceTime Call-a big no on an airplane in flight.
Same thing happened to me and I posted it here sometime last year. Some clown in 3F (I was in 2D) was yakking away on a facetime call. The flight attendant was having no business of it and put this tool in her place asap. I loved it and looked back and smiled at her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.