Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Plans - April 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2020, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Travel Plans - April 2021

Who is being a total optimist and planning your travel? I am. Plenty of award availability, risk free cancellations - so flying into Hanoi and planning to travel through Vietnam, Cambodia and then fly back through Japan.

Would love to hear what everyone is planning...

D
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Planning nothing until things are a bit more stable even though I am DESPERATE for a break.
writerguyfl and dhammer53 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Have lots of plans, lots of bookings, lots of vacation time for 2021
But for now, everything booked is refundable, because who knows how it will go
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
I'm just waiting to cancel my January and February travel. I still have hope for better times from April and beyond, but the crystal ball is still hazy
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Not planning anything. Hoping for Sept 2021
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Not planning and not hoping. Low expectations for next year.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:38 pm

Yes, to places already allowing visitors where I can spend much of the time outside. Looking at Aruba in December or January and Zanzibar in February.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
This has been an unusual year to say the least .

With our last flights in January , 2020 .
Fewest flights , likely since I was born !!

Hopefully , our next flights will be in December with the HKG SIN air travel bubble starting 22 November , with no quarantine restrictions .
Record breaking year in more ways than one , for us personally !

Think plans for January have to be postponed .
If borders open up before April , we will fly to Australia , New Zealand , Philippines and Vietnam . Perhaps French Polynesia ?
The EU , UK and Americas are sadly out .
Later 2021 , fingers crossed
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:52 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Badenoch
Not planning and not hoping. Low expectations for next year.
Same here. My sights are set on Spring 2022.
Badenoch likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Low expectations but ready to pounce on things as they arise. Chile is looking particularly promising from an ability to travel point of view but I've never been there and I don't want to experience it when life is weird. I suspect that I'll manage a trip in January and it will almost certainly be to the Southern Hemisphere. I know the Cape Town area well and I think it's beckoning if it's reasonably possible.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
A bit more optimistic with the talk of vaccines.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I say go ahead and book away, but don't lock into anything you can't get a 100% refund or free redeposit on.

The realities of some awards are that you have to book far in advance. I have a bunch of 2021 stuff in place, including some to places that aren't open for international tourism at all. But I can bag it all at no expense if I have to.

Our big one is HKG, SIN, BKK - maybe with a visit to Cambodia on a cheap ULCC ticket booked closer to the travel time. That's in June.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Absolutely looking into some spring(ish) travel. While some travel is off limits/too risky, there is no chance I'm going to sit at home for a whole year. We did a few trips this year, and it was just fine. If anything, some of the lighter crowds was nicer.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriott platinum, delta platinum
Not been staying home!

Well, we have already flown from Florida to South Dakota in July, Utah in October, and will do New Orleans in dec. My January cruise and one of two February cruises have been cancelled. Looking for something good in January if you guys have ideas. We are not afraid to travel. I have already had covid (and got it at home, NOT on a trip), not sure about husband. Have been driving around Florida for short trips a lot, but need a bigger fix!
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fsulaw1
Well, we have already flown from Florida to South Dakota in July, Utah in October, and will do New Orleans in dec. My January cruise and one of two February cruises have been cancelled. Looking for something good in January if you guys have ideas. We are not afraid to travel. I have already had covid (and got it at home, NOT on a trip), not sure about husband. Have been driving around Florida for short trips a lot, but need a bigger fix!
Does it have to be easy to get to from Florida? Parts of Central and South America are open if you have a negative test within 72 hours of arrival.

It looks like some other interesting places are open for travel (with negative tests but no quarantine) - Croatia, Albania, Montenegro, etc. - but finding a permitted routing there might be tougher and I'm not sure how far afield I'd want to travel if the location has a bunch of local restrictions on museums, performing arts, dining, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.