Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Covid19 will end First and Business Class travel?

Covid19 will end First and Business Class travel?

Old May 26, 2020, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NPF
Premium cabins are mostly useless in protecting you from contamination during a flight. Physical distancing works in an open environment, allowing clusters of viruses to disperse before hitting someone. In the closed environment of a plane's cabin, this would not happen (or will happen much more slowly - it depends on the exchange of air with the exterior). There will be no safe way to fly until a vaccine is developed, unless you fly in an appropriate hazmat suit with your own supply of breathable air.

The following article on The Atlantic shows how the infection happened in a restaurant in Wuhan, mainly due to air circulation inside the restaurant:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...inside/611953/
+1
Old May 26, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by Redmax
+1
No one is lying of course its a risk, breathing is a risk, if you dont wish to travel dont, just stop with the crazy slagging off anyone who feels the risk is acceptable
Old May 26, 2020, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
No one is lying of course its a risk, breathing is a risk, if you dont wish to travel dont, just stop with the crazy slagging off anyone who feels the risk is acceptable
As I have said before..it is your own personal decision to stay healthy or risk infection! I certainly do not support any kind of travelling right now, either it is for business or pleasure. Repatriation flights are the exception. If I have a permanent residence in a foreign country in which your livelihood is based, you do not need to travel back to the country of your citizenship..for what? for pandemic travelling, for feeling the sensation of qurantine, for feeling the terrible situations on long haul flights!..
Thats is why I support 100% that all international borders are closed indefintely for non essential travel as long as their is no vaccine. And those who are allowed to travel for essential reasons, should face a strict testing at the borders with a strict 14 days quarantine to gurantee that these people are not going to spread fresh infections to the community! Those who fail and stubborn to try..should face the full consequence of the law(penalties, travel or entry ban etc) and be deported with the airline which has carried him/her in.
Old May 26, 2020, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Redmax
Thats is why I support 100% that all international borders are closed indefintely for non essential travel as long as their is no vaccine.
Have fun in your bunker. The rest of us will do the risk-assessment and act fly accordingly.
enviroian and cmd320 like this.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:05 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: This thread has run its course. It's now closed.
ajGoes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.