Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Covid19 will end First and Business Class travel?

Covid19 will end First and Business Class travel?

Old May 24, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Even 200K out of nearly 330 million people is a very small percentage... Everything in life has risk.
200,000 dead is what you'd have if three fully loaded 737-800s crashed every day for a year. In such a case I expect you'd think twice about flying, and hopefully look askance at people yelping that their personal freedoms are being compromised by attempts at aircraft maintenance.
Old May 24, 2020, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
200,000 dead is what you'd have if three fully loaded 737-800s crashed every day for a year. In such a case I expect you'd think twice about flying, and hopefully look askance at people yelping that their personal freedoms are being compromised by attempts at aircraft maintenance.
Wouldn't change much for me. I already avoid 737s like the plague.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The only tolerable way to fly again safe like before Covid-19 is to have a vaccine against it!.
It'll be a long time before we know whether a vaccine will really protects against COVID-19.
Old May 25, 2020, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
It'll be a long time before we know whether a vaccine will really protects against COVID-19.
it is your own personal decision to travel in countries where Covid-19 ist omnipresent. It is your own health and life which you risk because you just want to travel.
If a genuine vaccine will take months or years than it is better to wait. I only have ONE life and I do not believe in being reborn again, so I spare and protect this one as good as I can.
Old May 25, 2020, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Redmax
it is your own personal decision to travel in countries where Covid-19 ist omnipresent. It is your own health and life which you risk because you just want to travel.
If a genuine vaccine will take months or years than it is better to wait. I only have ONE life and I do not believe in being reborn again, so I spare and protect this one as good as I can.
I would be more worried about dying in a car accident on the way to the airport personally.
Old May 25, 2020, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
I would be more worried about dying in a car accident on the way to the airport personally.
Than drive safely, I do not know in which country you are from and the sitiuation of your roads, traffic etc.
Why not try the trains on the way to the airport?
Old May 25, 2020, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Than drive safely, I do not know in which country you are from and the sitiuation of your roads, traffic etc.
US. There are no trains in FL.
Redmax likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 8:03 am
Original Poster

US. There are no trains in FL.
😁😁 okay, than I wish a safe journey by car in your area.
tentseller likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
The only tolerable way to fly again safe like before Covid-19 is to have a vaccine against it!.
Flying right now is not safe!.
There may never be an effective vaccine. You can't vaccinate against the common cold.

This thread seems to have heaps of off topic posts but with regards to the title of ending first and business class travel I would think that demand for first and business class travel will only increase. The more space you can put between yourself and other passengers, the better. I hated and generally avoided flying coach before Covid-19. I certainly don't hate it less now.
Old May 25, 2020, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
There may never be an effective vaccine. You can't vaccinate against the common cold.

This thread seems to have heaps of off topic posts but with regards to the title of ending first and business class travel I would think that demand for first and business class travel will only increase. The more space you can put between yourself and other passengers, the better. I hated and generally avoided flying coach before Covid-19. I certainly don't hate it less now.
I hope dearly you are wrong. I I hope there will be an effective vaccine sooner then later.. Otherwise only foolish people or those who like to live a risky lifestyle or those who believe in being reborn a couple times, will see this pandemic as nothing, because they do not care about their health/life and especially about the others!

If the demand for premium class should rise, then please let the premium services reflect the premium fare the airlines want! NO cheaping the services on the back of the pax! It will be a hard time for premium pax ahead as now some airlines are reducing premium services drastically and misusing Covid-19 to fool the pax!
Old May 25, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope dearly you are wrong. I I hope there will be an effective vaccine sooner then later.. Otherwise only foolish people or those who like to live a risky lifestyle or those who believe in being reborn a couple times, will see this pandemic as nothing, because they do not care about their health/life and especially about the others!

If the demand for premium class should rise, then please let the premium services reflect the premium fare the airlines want! NO cheaping the services on the back of the pax! It will be a hard time for premium pax ahead as now some airlines are reducing premium services drastically and misusing Covid-19 to fool the pax!
I agree with the second part but the first is definitely a head-scratcher. Are you really suggesting that in the absence of a vaccine normal rational adults should remain isolated and idle at home? From what we know of this virus that just doesnt make sense. Of course for the elderly or those at heightened risk its one thing, but at the end of the day for the rest of us, life goes on. We can take precautions but to shy away from everything is just not realistic.
Old May 25, 2020, 9:58 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Premium cabins are mostly useless in protecting you from contamination during a flight. Physical distancing works in an open environment, allowing clusters of viruses to disperse before hitting someone. In the closed environment of a plane's cabin, this would not happen (or will happen much more slowly - it depends on the exchange of air with the exterior). There will be no safe way to fly until a vaccine is developed, unless you fly in an appropriate hazmat suit with your own supply of breathable air.

The following article on The Atlantic shows how the infection happened in a restaurant in Wuhan, mainly due to air circulation inside the restaurant:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...inside/611953/
Redmax likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Than drive safely, I do not know in which country you are from and the situation of your roads, traffic etc.
It is not always how I drive, there are others on the roads.

This is simply an issue of either legally mandated restrictions, which eventually will be lifted, or practical availability of the catering, crew safety etc.

Of course some airlines will be happy to conserve cash but as soon as the is a demand there will be competition to fill the demand and the services will be back.

I cannot understand why you seem to feel the airline execs are rubbing their hands with glee at all the money they are making as they don't have to buy a few bottles if Dom for now !
Old May 26, 2020, 3:14 am
Original Poster

I agree with the second part but the first is definitely a head-scratcher. Are you really suggesting that in the absence of a vaccine normal rational adults should remain isolated and idle at home? From what we know of this virus that just doesnt make sense. Of course for the elderly or those at heightened risk its one thing, but at the end of the day for the rest of us, life goes on. We can take precautions but to shy away from everything is just not realistic.
As I have said, it is your own personal decision if you risk your life or not. As you have said, you are old enough as an adult to decide what is good or bad for you!
The airlines should stop fooling the pax that flying now is safe. Even some of the others here with their comments are stating that flying now is risky. The cabin crew are flying with full gear own. As the airlines know how the contamination in a plane works! But the pax are being lured that everything is just fine. So why do they need fully enclosed suits? If a contamination is not that an issue??
The airlines are desperate to fly as they are bleeding cash. But not on the expense of the pax who are eager to fly and later have to pay with their life because airlines have given them a false sense of safety.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4

I cannot understand why you seem to feel the airline execs are rubbing their hands with glee at all the money they are making as they don't have to buy a few bottles if Dom for now !
They should be honest to their pax! If safe travelling is the point, then it should be for all on board not only the crew. flying in full suits do not give a great impression that they have it under control!.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.