Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Top Tier Elite Hotel Hat Trick

Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

After all these years, I will start the new year with top tier status with three different hotel groups. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Some of this was obtained through credit card spend as 2019 has been a slow travel year (<100 nights in hotels).

My newest is Hyatt and I am looking forward to exploring their properties and the Globalist benefits.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
After achieving LT PLT at both SPG and Marriott, I had this a few times, between Hilton and Hyatt.

All butt-in-bed, no credit cards.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Define top tier at SPG. Do you mean Amb or just PlatMinus? And for Marriott, PP or their top published status, which would have been Plat pre-merger?

I've had SPG Plat50 (plus LTP), MR PP (plus LTP) and HGP Diamond simultaneously (and Hilton Gold from AmEx Plat), now both Amb (plus LTT) and Glob but still only credit card Gold with Hilton.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:55 am

I have lifetime Diamond with Hilton and Lifetime Titanium with Bonvoy and currently Ambassador, but I don't think I will fit a 3rd one in.
Between hilton and Marriott/Spg they have alll the travel needs for me.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I was once Lifetime Platinum with SPG, Diamond with Hyatt, Platinum with Marriott, Royal Ambassador/Platinum with IC, and Diamond with Shangri-La at the same time. All butt-in-bed. Good old days of living in hotels nearly 365 nights a year, and you could qualify on stays not nights with Hyatt. Still required a lot of moving around.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I had SPG, Marriott, and HH for a couple years. Plat-Plat-Diamond, back prior to the stratification of SPG and Marriott Plats as published tiers.

SPG Plat - just basic 25-stay Plat - was wonderful. Better than either of the other two, even though those were somewhat harder to achieve.

Minor credit card assists - I think it was 2 bonus stays at SPG and 15 bonus nights at Marriott. There was no insta-Diamond option at Hilton.

Now I'm LT Titanium with Marriott (1000+ real nights) and current credit card HH Diamond. I also complete quite a few HH stays, but would probably be a Gold without the CC.

Don't have enough Hyatt opportunities. If all the "regular" tiers left, Globalist is probably the one most like the old SPG Plat in terms of on-property treatment, upgrades, etc.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I’ve previously had 3 a few times (Marriott, IHG, Hilton) and Marriott , Accor, Hilton, plus IHG Gold. Easier now I’m Marriott lifetime .

no credit card nights - but Hilton was via number of stays rather than nights.

T
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, and IHG Platinum Ambassador all by butts in seats (beds)
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I forgot I've held Platinum IHG before, but I've never held that one that actually matters - Ambassador (or Royal Ambassador? Not sure if those are two things or one.) Plat never actually included real benefits besides a late checkout and bonus points. This was pre-Kimpton days when the only IHG brands I really used were international ICs and very rural U.S. HIX's. It did not appear that Plat included breakfast/lounge at HI or CP so I avoided those brands entirely.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
This will be my "lightest" year as far as elite status in a few years. Hilton Diamond and IHG Platinum. The Hilton Diamond has been consuming nearly all of my travel. What I have there in perks (on top of Diamond) is something no other chain comes even close to for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.