Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DB levels on aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
My own personal ranking of aircraft noise, from loudest to quietest, is:

All varieties of Mad Dogs > L1011 > 727 > DC10/MD11 > 777 > 747 > 757 > 767 > A310 > A320 > A300 > 737 > A330 > 787 > A350 > A340

The A340 always seemed to be far more peaceful a ride than anything else, and I was sorry when they were mothballed. All the Triholers and the Mad Dogs were persistently loud with engine noise, even in first class, with those older engines.

The Triple Seven was surprisingly loud, as if it was taking way more effort to cut through the air than most anything else. Maybe this was because the engines were relatively quiet compared to the other widebodies.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Oh- totally agree- As much as most on here fly, it would seem like something to do if we’re ever bored haha! Definitely don't trust my iPhone over pro equipment, but it’s close enough for government work...
Whilst one iPhone might be reasonably good for comparing the relative loudness in the cabin of different aircraft, I would definitely not trust different iPhones to give the same measurement of the same actual SPL, so the values being posted on here are probably not meaningful to compare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.