Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What circumstances do you ask for compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What circumstances do you ask for compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Anna Aus
Thanks,

My reward booking was for 70K points. Marriott changed it to 100K in the peak/off shuffle. Online, my booking req'd points had changed, no notice from them though.

I phoned - the system was down. Called again next day and after 3 phone calls someone raised a case.

It was clear the onus of proof was on me as they kept no record of what I'd booked. They take the booking but don't honor the bkg (I sound like Seinfeld).
Although I sent a pdf of the bkg they said they didn't receive, I know it sent.

In their emails, they couldn't decide if the extra points required was to be 100K or 80K points. Further, stating that peak pricing had changed months before I made the bkg for 70K points as if somehow I had manipulated it. Who knows how that could happen.

After numerous emails and phone calls I have requested 20K Marriott points for my frustration, time and indignation at their big company incompetence. They have provided 10K.

Should I just stop at that? Their system has the truly frustrating issue that should be solved. Appreciate yr comments.
Wait, so they overcharged you by 30,000 points, and when you presented proof of it, they offered you a partial refund of 10,000? I’d definitely pursue that further. Even if they did refund you the full amount and the 10,000 was an additional customer service gesture, I’m not sure I’d be satisfied considering it sounds like they originally accused you of lying. Seriously, who’d go to the trouble of faking a confirmation over a measly 30,000 Marriott points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.