FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Suggested Routes for Fast 5 Country Visa Run (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1982095-suggested-routes-fast-5-country-visa-run.html)

Rachael89451 Aug 7, 2019 10:54 pm

Suggested Routes for Fast 5 Country Visa Run

Hi Everyone, I have two weeks and want to finish my passport so I can change my name back to maiden name without wasting the existing stamps and Visas. :rolleyes:

Requirement: Full Page Stickers!

I know the order I go in will matter since some require 1 page but want to get the ball rolling, so don't worry about order, per se.

Willing to fly far and, obviously, only be in the destination country for a few days since I'll have a lot of ground to cover.

Thanks, everyone!

der_saeufer Aug 8, 2019 2:57 am

Good luck with that...

Assuming your nationality is one of the industrialized nations for which visa waivers (or visa on arrival) is widespread, you're not going to have much success in that timeframe. Lots of countries do have full-page visa stickers, but those countries also tend not to issue visas quickly. Your chance of turning around five of them in two weeks is pretty much nil.

cargueiro Aug 8, 2019 3:57 am

I would consider Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar. To get the 5th, possibly add in India.

Short hair Francis Aug 8, 2019 6:03 am

Couple more suggestions for the OP
Nepal, Mozambique and Tajikistan (Dushanbe Only) should be Visa on Arrival and also full size stickers for Western Countries generally

Granted the Nepal ones looks rather meh, and you can be shaken down for more than the Visa money in Mozambique.

Also remember to check which countries have a 2 empty page requirement for entries

84fiero Aug 8, 2019 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Rachael89451 (Post 31392478)
Hi Everyone, I have two weeks and want to finish my passport so I can change my name back to maiden name without wasting the existing stamps and Visas. :rolleyes:

Requirement: Full Page Stickers!

I know the order I go in will matter since some require 1 page but want to get the ball rolling, so don't worry about order, per se.

Willing to fly far and, obviously, only be in the destination country for a few days since I'll have a lot of ground to cover.

Thanks, everyone!

What nationality is the passport?

IluvatarMilan Aug 9, 2019 6:32 am

I would suggest East Africa.

You can start in either NBO or ADD, both of which have good connections to other continents (DAR, KGL, EBB can work as well ex-EU). You should then be able to combine Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda (Burundi too, but may be more challenging). At least for many EU citizens, these countries either have Visa on Arrival or E-Visa systems that are reliable. In the case of Kenya, go for VoA as otherwise you don't get a passport sticker.

Connections between the countries are plenty, with ET and KQ having major networks, while there's a number of smaller airlines as well flying both between the capitals and regional cities. Besides that, there's loads of fascinating destinations, even if you're only in each country for a few days. ZNZ is also a fantastic destination that can be combined easily.

nancypants Aug 9, 2019 9:32 am

Fly into VFA, get a single entry Zimbabwe visa (tell them you are not going to Zambia). 1 page sorted. Take a taxi to the bridge and then cross into Zambia, ask for a kaza univisa (2nd full page sticker)

then go on somewhere- perhaps to Lusaka and then fly one of the gulf carriers to do a Cambodia/Laos/somewhere else circuit

nb South Africa requires 2 empty pages so you can’t go back there from zim/Zam unless you are still good

I didn’t get a sticker for my Myanmar visa on arrival, just a stamp. Other nationalities may have different experience

adamak Aug 10, 2019 12:40 am

For Vietnam you'll have to do VOA instead of eVisa if you want the full page sticker. China also did full page visa sticker last time I got it couple years back.

cargueiro Aug 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by IluvatarMilan (Post 31396972)
I would suggest East Africa.

You can start in either NBO or ADD, both of which have good connections to other continents (DAR, KGL, EBB can work as well ex-EU). You should then be able to combine Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda (Burundi too, but may be more challenging). At least for many EU citizens, these countries either have Visa on Arrival or E-Visa systems that are reliable. In the case of Kenya, go for VoA as otherwise you don't get a passport sticker.

Connections between the countries are plenty, with ET and KQ having major networks, while there's a number of smaller airlines as well flying both between the capitals and regional cities. Besides that, there's loads of fascinating destinations, even if you're only in each country for a few days. ZNZ is also a fantastic destination that can be combined easily.

When I visited Tanzania last year I did not get a full page sticker. My visa that I arranged in advance was just a stamp and then I got another stamp when I arrived and departed. The stamps did take up one page and as I also visited Zanzibar took up more than one page if you include those.

Likewise when I visited Ethiopia and Mozambique my visa was just a stamp, no sticker. Again with entry and exit stamps the Ethiopian one took up 3/4 of a page and the Mozambique one 1/2 a page.

​​​​​

flyingbee Aug 12, 2019 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Rachael89451 (Post 31392478)

I'm curious to know the difference between filling up the passport and just getting a new one for wasting the stamps and visas. Which country are you from? When I changed my name my old UK passport was cancelled and sent back to me along with the new one.

Something that is difficult with filling up a passport is many of the full page visas require the page opposite to be blank.
Good luck with your mission!