Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Can I travel with Dr. Pepper? In cans or bottles?

Can I travel with Dr. Pepper? In cans or bottles?

Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
SHip them to your hotel
Likely it is not a US territory, so shipping costs would likely be expensive.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by bbsuebrown
My friend and I travel once a year to celebrate our birthdays to a new Caribbean island every year. This year we are staying 12 days. She only drinks Dr. Pepper so far only one island has came close with Dr Pibb. I would like to surprise her this year a bring some for her. Does the plastic bottles or cans travel better and will they keep their carbonation?
I've carried cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles in my bag on various trips; I've had no problems with any of them. I'd choose aluminum cans because their compact size and shape make them easier to pack.

Also, Mister Pibb does not hold a medical degree.
DenverBrian, CDTraveler and MissJ like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Also, Mister Pibb does not hold a medical degree.
And Dr Pepper does not hold a period. 1,000 points off for not knowing this, either.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by kklems
One thing to remember is the weight so remember to take that into account. But we routinely will bring 12 packs of cans with us when we cruise since we travel light and have lots of extra luggage allowance to use. I take two 12 packs of pop and take some packing tape and reinforce the corners and seal the ends. I than place both in a padded disposable bubble wrap sack that I accumulate over the year. I place that in a folding, padded cooler and zip it up. I don't bother taping the bubble wrap sack much because I can guarantee TSA will inspect that suitcase. So I now have a cooler to place my drinks in when I arrive, a suitcase to carry back booze or trinkets from the countries I visit and packing material to protect what I am bringing back. Other than TSA pawing around my bag it arrives just fine each time. I would suggest not packing things you don't want to get wet or sticky someplace else just in case though.
When was the last time you cruised? All the cruises I have taken over the past three years have not allowed any sodas to be brought on board, and they x-ray all baggage and confiscate any violators. Please let me know what cruise line so I will look at thiem for future bookings.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by teddybear99
When was the last time you cruised? All the cruises I have taken over the past three years have not allowed any sodas to be brought on board, and they x-ray all baggage and confiscate any violators. Please let me know what cruise line so I will look at thiem for future bookings.
This isn't on topic, but I'm very curious as to what the logic of this would be? I've never taken a cruise, but isn't everything drink and food wise normally free?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
This isn't on topic, but I'm very curious as to what the logic of this would be? I've never taken a cruise, but isn't everything drink and food wise normally free?
Many cruise lines charge for soft drinks. Some folks have also smuggled liquor inside cans and bottles.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:39 pm

False, the cargo area is in the same pressurized area as the cabin. My friend likes to bring wine for clients pretty much every trip. Been a complete non issue for him. I live at an altitude similar to what airplanes pressurized to, do you think they make special carbonated beverages for us?

For the OP, I would do the plastic option, and pack it in the middle of the bag.
Can't comment on pressurization, but I have had shampoo freeze solid in packed luggage. This was in April, not the dead of winter.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Many cruise lines charge for soft drinks. Some folks have also smuggled liquor inside cans and bottles.

As JC stated above, the only free drinks on board are flavored waters/ice tea/lemonade from a premix dispenser or just plain water. You can buy packages that have soft drinks as well as beers and liquors. You have to also have everyone in the room on a package because they don't want people getting a drink then giving it to someone else. I didn't care because the amount I drink was worth it even though my wife doesn't drink sodas.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by teddybear99
Last time I cruised was last November. I am due to sail again in August. The most recent was on carnival. They allow one 12 pack of cans per person. No Bottles of water or soda but you can bring one 750ml bottle of wine. It has been probably 5 years but I also took some on a disney cruise. I also kind of thought my wife took some on a Princess cruise but don't hold me to that as I didn't go with her. One other data point is it is supposed to be in your carry on luggage not checked.

I haven't personally cruises on them but Royal Caribbean appears to have the same policy https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/q...onboard-policy

Looks like Norwegian has banned all beverages.

A quick search of aida, princess and Celebrity also have a similar policy as carnival which makes sense as they are under the same corporate umbrella as carnival.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.