and I thought it takes 1-2h to/from the plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

and I thought it takes 1-2h to/from the plane

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I arrived into Nashville from London last Thursday on BA223. We landed at 5:43PM. I checked a bag. I was through customs (GE), baggage, into a Lyft by 6:16 and at my house 15 miles away by 6:38.

55 minutes. I was very happy.
PAX_fips likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: too many
SFJ, GOH (Greenland), 1.5 minute from airport entrance to gate
ANE, TUF, around 5 mins max including passport control :-)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
About 10 years ago, I signed up for a biometric scan program at LHR. Sort of like a precursor to GE but even better in some ways: you just stepped into a little booth for the scan and were immediately on your way. The program was open to US passport holders, so after a 10-minute interview and initial data collection, I was set. After that, every time I landed at LHR, it was literally 10 minutes from the time I stepped off the plane until the time I was on the HEX platform. 8-9 minutes of walking and a minute or so in the little booth. For some reason, there were never any other travelers using the booth. I was either flying J or the front of Y, so I was out of the airplane pretty much right after the doors opened. If a train actually arrived when I did, I could go from wheels down to Paddington in 45 minutes. I always thought that was a pretty sweet process.

It's been a long time since I've entered the UK at LHR, so no idea if that program is even still in existence or it's been replaced by something else.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by pinniped
About 10 years ago, I signed up for a biometric scan program at LHR. Sort of like a precursor to GE but even better in some ways: you just stepped into a little booth for the scan and were immediately on your way. The program was open to US passport holders, so after a 10-minute interview and initial data collection, I was set. After that, every time I landed at LHR, it was literally 10 minutes from the time I stepped off the plane until the time I was on the HEX platform. 8-9 minutes of walking and a minute or so in the little booth. For some reason, there were never any other travelers using the booth. I was either flying J or the front of Y, so I was out of the airplane pretty much right after the doors opened. If a train actually arrived when I did, I could go from wheels down to Paddington in 45 minutes. I always thought that was a pretty sweet process.

It's been a long time since I've entered the UK at LHR, so no idea if that program is even still in existence or it's been replaced by something else.
LHR is still quite efficient, it's been replaced with e-gates that are used by loads of people now, but never waited more than a few minutes. Unless I have a particularly long walk from the aircraft, either because of bus gates or being at a satellite, I'm in the tube in about 15 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.