Wiki Posts
Search

Italian Point of Sale and Using Flight Legs Out of Sequence

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Just something to consider: when tickets are booked online, the bookings often have the IP address for the booking party accessible to the airline. And that stored IP address may indicate a country which is not Italy (even when the customer is using an Italian travel agent website and making the booking while outside of Italy).

I may try this Italian thing but I will be doing so while in a place that has me showing an Italian IP address to the Italian travel website of the operating airline.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:53 am

Has anyone had success with this?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:05 am

I thought I would report back on my own experience.

This has failed with AZ (ironically), despite the clear text in their CoC.

I initially spoke to an agent in their Albanian contact centre who had no idea and said call Italy.

The first agent in Italy I spoke with got so frustrated at what I was trying to suggest that she hung up on me.

The second agent was aware of the CoC text, but said I have to physically no-show the 'outbound' flight first (not just inform them in advance), and they will only protect the return -and not just the remaining coupons of the ticket.

You win some, you lose some. I do wonder whether relying on this ruling is really worth the uncertainty and hassle.
Benchmarc likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: LH
Any more recent experiences with this?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: LH
In my case, LH.it call centre deleted the first segment of a multi-segment outbound. Everything was fine until they called me 1.5 months later and put the segment back in and claimed I could only delete the entire outbound to retain validity.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the reason other carriers don't have to do it? Its either law or it isn't.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA, AS, OZ
Originally Posted by flo-e
In my case, LH.it call centre deleted the first segment of a multi-segment outbound. Everything was fine until they called me 1.5 months later and put the segment back in and claimed I could only delete the entire outbound to retain validity.
Would you mind sharing more info regarding what you cited to the agent when you contacted LH customer service? I have a one-way LH ticket bought on LH.com/it/it and could not find this specific policy in my receipt (everything is in Italian). I have a 2-segment itinerary (VCE-FRA-XER) that I plan on not taking the second leg, do I still need to call them to not be back charged for fare adjustment? Does this policy apply to missing the last segment of a one-way flight? I've missed this kind of leg once before on a similar itinerary, but that time LH had a flight and baggage delay that pushed the arrival/baggage claim past the XER segment check-in cut-off time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.