Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
It use to bother me, until I matured.
jspira, ajGoes and DCAFly like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Can we all agree this is totally unacceptable? On a flight right now. Women just waltzed up from coach, FAs never say a word. When I am in the back, I use the bathroom for my ticketed cabin, as not having to wait on line for the lav is another “perk” of being up front. Just because it might be more convenient for me to walk to the F lav than the Y one doesn’t mean I can or should. Why is it suddenly OK for coach passengers to come to a cabin they’re not seated in and use the lavs?
it's disgusting.
unless there is an exceptional reason, i don't see why they should spoil the enjoyment of the first/business class facilities.
exceptions being handicapped, broken toilets, genuine emergency, etc.
FlyerEC likes this.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Apr 17, 2019 at 7:08 pm Reason: removed the 'c' word
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Personal feelings of such a limited audience in this thread have little standing (except to themselves)

Do we really want to address this punitively? as that is the only way that you can force something on the passengers that don't frequent this forum.

If so, please continue, it should be interesting
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Well, according to Delta, exclusive overhead storage is an advertised feature you pay for. It says so in the link.

But, alas, nothing about bathrooms.
Actually, on the provided Delta link, a page search for the strings "overhead", "bin" and "storage" failed to return any results. However, after poking around I discovered that if one clicked on the "COMPARE EXPERIENCES" box on that page, a window opens with a chart indicating the word "Dedicated" for Overhead Bin Space. Ditto for the provided AA link; i.e. no match on those strings. Perhaps one could verify the poster's assertion if they're willing to hunt it down.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Personal feelings of such a limited audience in this thread have little standing (except to themselves)

Do we really want to address this punitively? as that is the only way that you can force something on the passengers that don't frequent this forum.

If so, please continue, it should be interesting
the good lord has a place reserved for such sinners.
with this in mind, i'm not sure exacting our own punishment for wrong-doers is necessary.
i don't believe in shaming people - but people should be encouraged to do the right thing.
a lack of civility can be an indication of society falling apart, sadly.
the increasingly self-righteous nature of people makes it a challenge for people to do the right thing.
it's certainly disappointing, but an accurate portrayal of modern living.
being affected by things outside of your control is in most cases not worth your effort/stress. good luck.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
It use to bother me, until I matured.
you'd think "maturing" would lead to a weaker bladder and even less tolerance for having to wait longer to use the lav because someone has jumped into F from Y
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:28 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Sounds like new money....Snobbish, entitled whining about a privilege that isn’t advertised anywhere. It’s a bathroom in a metal tube, same as the one in back. Who cares you had to wait an extra minute to use it? You’ve got hours with nothing to do. If your time was actually worth anything, you’d be flying private.
84fiero, rickg523 and kyanar like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

back in a more civilized time. it didn’t need to be published because it was common sense.
Is this really that big of a deal for you? The amount of real world situations where your stance is well beyond 'common sense' makes it quite laughable. What is the bathrooms in the back are deemed InOp and only bathroom is up front? Everyone in coach should just hold it? What about on the China Southern 777 that has Premium Economy. There is a curtain dividing coach from PE but it separates some bathrooms. What if there is a line for the PE and I am in PE. Can I use the coach bathroom? Or is it common sense that you use the bathroom in your cabin? What if you are in First but 5 people all decided to go at once. You look over your shoulder and notice no one is at the mid cabin bathroom(it's a 757) what do you do? Stand in line?

Come on... don't take things so seriously and enjoy life.
84fiero likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA
DL used to announce "please use the lavatories located in the cabin for which you are ticketed" or something to that effect.

Is it a big deal if someone from Y has to come forward to use the lav? Not really. But if the entire Y cabin is tromping through F for the whole flight I'd imagine it gets old quick.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I'm personally not sure how allowing Y passengers to use F lavatories for domestic flights is less of a security risk than with flights arriving into the US. Not that I mind people using particular lavatories, but I would have expected a bit of consistency.
Consistency from the TSA? Really?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by _fx
Sounds like new money....Snobbish, entitled whining about a privilege that isn’t advertised anywhere. It’s a bathroom in a metal tube, same as the one in back. Who cares you had to wait an extra minute to use it? You’ve got hours with nothing to do. If your time was actually worth anything, you’d be flying private.
i don't like it when they walk past me - this bit i hate the most. they should be pushed back where they're supposed to be.
i don't actually seem so bothered with the facilities being used by the occasional fellow (neutral gender), but i prefer the extra space and the option to use the facilities when necessary. also, the behaviour of people to disrespect the norms and etiquette and rules is not correct. sneaking past 'security' is like shoplifting... but i'm not a tell tale, so i wouldn't report them. if they wish to be embarassed then so be it. there is often a noticeable difference between the chosen few and the unchosen many. i have to admit, i do feel entitled as i have the better ticket.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: none
Originally Posted by thebakaronis
FAs allow you to go up front when the drinks carts are out.

Already explained in Post #11
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I fall on the side of "use the lav in your purchased cabin". On a 737, the 16:1 versus 75:1 customer to toilet ratio ratio is a perk of FC, advertised or not, plus fewer people coming through the cabin. At least on international flights the flight crew are generally keeping an eye out for curtain hoppers.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
If you have to go... well you have to go...
I have seen FA turn away coach passengers when there is a line to use the F lavs, other then that.. who really cares?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:43 am

I would wait. Guy sitting next to me in F just now just got up and stood around looking antsy for 2-3 minutes while he waited to use the F lav that was occupied by another person traipsing up from coach. There’s no cart or extenuating circumstances here, just a desire to do whatever with no regard for rules or others.
Didn't happen.
rickg523 and _fx like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.