Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What to put on a personalized luggage tag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to put on a personalized luggage tag?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
On the way out, I don't mind putting address, phone number and email. On the return journey, I put email, phone number, country and post code.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: LH M+M
On outbound, I add dates+phone numbers of the hotel(s) I am staying at.
Don't know if it would help, never "lost" a bag outbound so far :-}

I always take a photo of the bags before leaving home, was helpful to get one bag back inbound (9 min connection was too tight for sure
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I tend to have name, email address, and mobile number on my tags. Gives people multiple contact options. I've had the same mobile number for over 25 years so have no qualms about handing it out.

I have never put an address (home or destination).
Same here. I actually had stickers (the size of return address labels) printed up with my name, e-mail address, and mobile number, and I just stick those on - one on a blank card in the luggage tag holder, and usually one somewhere on the luggage body itself, as tags can and do come loose on occasion. My e-mail address and mobile number have stayed the same for many years, and are the most reliable ways to contact me any time, even when I'm traveling, so they are, for me, the best to use to maximize the chance of someone getting in touch with me if I lose my bags.

I don't usually put my address on the outside of a bag, but I suppose I could. I'm not sure I buy into the notion that thieves are waiting (all over the world) to look at the addresses on random bags to alert their international counterparts to go rob houses somewhere else. Besides they can never be sure that one bag seen somewhere is proof that all occupants of a house are away traveling - seems like quite a risk for the thief to take on? The more pressing concern for me is that if I lose a bag when I'm traveling I'm more interested in having the finder contact me to figure out next steps. My home address may not be the best location for someone to send my bags to if I'm mid-trip and neither do I want to keep changing the address on my tags as I travel. (Traveling with family as a child I recall my parents going through the ritual of always updating luggage tags with the address of our next destination.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.