Wiki Posts
Search

Why we get on a plane...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft
The brief escape from reality and the wonder of being transported above the earths surface and a sense of adventure
Good call, make sense...kind of, good it's not only me... 😋
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA CK, HHonors Diamond
For the miles
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: DAL, Marriott
Originally Posted by Knodde
I am not an AV geek, I really, really do not like bumpy flights. Still, I do fly a bit, and I will fly, just to fly somewhere, never thought I would when not for work. Whenever I land somewhere, I just want to move on, get on another flight and next stop, regardless if on holiday or for work. Is it me just being one sick puppy? Amateur psychologists are welcome! Curious, and the BA forum is probably the best one... 😋
It's even better with you're sitting up in the front seat!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:22 pm

Flying is fine and all, but what I really enjoy in the way you describe is riding trains.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by T8191
Interesting ... I’ve long lost the ‘magic’ of flying. Convenient-ish and quick-ish, but the magic has long faded into the humdrum of travel. I guess motor cars were exciting once?
Same.

I just fly so I can get the hell out of Australia and away from work.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Same.

I just fly so I can get the hell out of Australia and away from work.
im in a love hate with Australia, love to arrive and then after 2-3 weeks hate the place but when I’m gone I can’t wait to get back. It’s a tangled web to come and go from the big island
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:50 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
In case you missed it: https://www.wideroe.no/en/tickets/explore-norway-ticket enjoy!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Flying is a means to an end. It gets me to where I want to be in a timely and efficient manner.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Mostly to get to my destination, but now that I'm able to afford premium cabins I enjoy comparing in-flight experiences!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Randomness
Flying is fine and all, but what I really enjoy in the way you describe is riding trains.
Yeah, certain train routes are worth it just for the scenery itself. Flying, for me, is just to get somewhere. Occasionally I'll get lucky and get a scenic approach but it's fleeting and hard to predict in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.