Search

Where are YOU going in 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Where are YOU going in 2019?

Where are you going/where have you been in 2019. Share you already completed and currently booked travel ITT.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:36 pm

Been to New Zealand for 2 weeks, the scenery was unbelievable!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Been: Harbin for the Snow and Ice festival, Hong Kong
Going: Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan, Bali, Brunei, Washington DC (work), Medellin, Fiji/New Caledonia, Denver/San Antonio/El Paso/ORD or MCI
Planning: Kathmandu, either Da Nang or Phuket, Jeju and/or Yeosu, maybe Qingdao for the beer festival
bitterproffit and ginmqi like this.

Last edited by etch5895; Feb 25, 2019 at 1:44 pm Reason: Added a trip
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Completed already: Started the year in Koh Samui, continued to Bangkok, Johannesburg, Accra, Sao Tome, Cape Town, Walvis Bay, Swakopmund, Sossusvlei, Windhoek, New York, Palm Beach, Montreal, New Orleans. Currently back in NY.

Upcoming BOOKED travel: San Francisco, Palm Beach x2, Stockholm, Budapest, Rome, Naples, Positano, Santa Maria di Castellebate, Acciarolli, Rome (again), Algiers, Madrid, Los Angeles, Madrid (again), Moscow, Helsinki, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Paris, St. Tropez, Nice, London, Moscow (again), Thessaloniki, Crete, Ios, Santorini, Paros, Naxos, Koufanisia, back to NY, Tulum, Hong Kong, Helsinki (again), Munich, Kuwait City, Bahrain, Baku, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, back to NY, Chicago, Columbus (Ohio), Bombay, Varkala, Kovalam, London (again), Paris (again), Helsinki (again), back to NY.

LIKELY to be booked: Trying to book an AY YYZ-HEL-SIN, HKG-HEL-YYZ which will need to be bookended by NYC-YYZ-NYC flights to fill in some gaps. That will get me to Paris via Helsinki in June, and the HEL-SIN portion will connect with the already booked CX award SIN-HKG that connects to an already booked AA ticket HKG to MEX via DFW. Have to book a return to NYC from MEX in June, a return from Greece to Paris in Aug. The back end of that AY ticket would bring me HKG-HEL in Sept. and a connection to Munich will need to be booked as well to get to a wedding/Oktoberfest and then pick up the Middle East portion, then the final HEL-JFK segment of the AY ticket will bring me home from Paris after India in early Dec. Also looking to book a OW RTW departing Dec. 26th that would get me to Vietnam for New Years before continuing on elsewhere.

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; Feb 24, 2019 at 3:21 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etch5895
Been: Harbin for the Snow and Ice festival, Hong Kong
Going: Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan, Bali, Brunei, Washington DC (work), Medellin, Fiji/New Caledonia
Planning: Kathmandu, either Da Nang or Phuket, Jeju and/or Yeosu, maybe Qingdao for the beer festival
Where in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan? They're both great. Are you going to the jungle in Brunei? Bandar is...underwhelming.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Where in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan? They're both great. Are you going to the jungle in Brunei? Bandar is...underwhelming.
First time in both, so Tashkent-Samarkand-Bukhara-back to Tashkent. Then, Almaty-Astana. Yes to the jungle in Brunei. I'm going over the 4th of July weekened.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etch5895
First time in both, so Tashkent-Samarkand-Bukhara-back to Tashkent. Then, Almaty-Astana. Yes to the jungle in Brunei. I'm going over the 4th of July weekened.
Any possibility to get to Khiva as well? If you can I would say continue to Khiva then on to Nukus/Moynoq and fly back to TAS from Nukus.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
1. Bali, on the HX mistake fare in J! 2. Greek islands in autumn.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Road trip through MI UP, MN, ND, SD, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV, AZ and finally CA. Of these, I've previously not visited the UP, MN (except MSP plane changes), ND, SD, WY (except brief train debarkation), MT or ID.
bitterproffit and ginmqi like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:03 pm

Not a ton booked yet but Chicago, Toronto, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Tromso, Madrid, and my annual trip to Austin are certain.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Completed: Houston & Dallas (leaving for Houston again in a few hours) but they're work oriented...

Booked: Kiev/Tallinn/Bratislava/Skopje/Ljubljana/Duesseldorf/Berlin next month.. Concerts in Duesseldorf and Berlin... Then Melbourne & Sydney in September to thank one of my best friends for letting me live with him while I searched for a house in the neighborhood and never asking for rent

Contemplating: Tel Aviv for Eurovision 2019
bitterproffit and MaxBuck like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vegas in a couple weeks, France in June, Fire Island in August, and nothing else planned yet.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
GetSetJetSet,
Great thread!

You went to Moscow, on what type of visa?
I wanted to visit Russia, but their visa app process excludes me (and cruises are not an option for now)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Most of my work is US Domestic, east of the Rockies. For our 10th wedding anniversary in October, mrs tvtd and I are heading to Crete for a week.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Spring Break: El Paso, Carlsbad NM and Las Cruces NM. Visit to Guadalupe Mtns NP, Carlsbad Caverns NP, and White Sands NM.

Seville, Torremolinos, Malaga in late May. My weekend in Torremolinos will coincide with a huge Torremolinos Pride festival.

June: National Parks tour. Fly into Denver, visit Rapid City SD and Cheyenne WY. Mt Rushmore, Wind Caves NP, Badlands NP, Devils Tower NM.

July: New Hampshire and Maine visiting family

October: 40th HS reunion weekend in Miami. Probably spend the entire week in S. Florida.

November/December TBD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.