Skinny female seatmate raises armrest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skinny female seatmate raises armrest

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
Ah, yeah why didn't you get her number??
If only Delta hadn't removed the napkins.
MCIUnitedGuy and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Trying to hook up with some stranger three times your age is such a great way to start a trip to interview for graduate schools.
She wouldn't be the first he or she to go down this road in an attempt to get something they want.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajGoes
What would you do? I'm a late-middle-aged man. I was in a middle seat. A young woman sat in the aisle seat and immediately started chatting. I soon knew she was a college senior being flown to grad-school interviews at the universities' expense. I happen to be conversant in a field close to hers, so we could have an intelligent conversation.

After a while, she got absorbed in her work and I started watching a video. At some point I fumbled a bit with the armrest to find the "recline" button. She noticed me fumbling and, very cluelessly, proceeded to raise the armrest. I'm small, she was small, so I didn't have to do anything to avoid touching her. I thought it was kind of charmingly naive on her part, but now I'm wondering whether I should have found a way to point out that she might not want to do that when seated next to an older man she didn't know.

Any thoughts?
I like how you say she was a skinny female but don't say whether she was attractive or not.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
interestingly, in our brave new world, with equality, it's people's perceptions that are the reality, rather than traditional physical actions and behaviours.
if people perceive a look, then it can be argued about some form of discrimination (no matter how nonsensical that sounds).
similarly, if men may flirt or say something that could be perceived as suggestive, it can be seen as an 'assault' or harassment.
accordingly, men have to make sure there are no blurred lines.
as a society we can't suggest ways for women to avoid such situations as this is considered 'victim blaming' - even if there is no actual victim (because it's a hypothetical discussion). in the new world, we are made to feel that men are to blame, and men's actions are where the fault lies and that is solely where changes need to be made.
you need to chill with this persecution complex
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Time to lock this up.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
ajGoes and RollAnotherFatOne like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.