Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Client who insists on booking your travel

Client who insists on booking your travel

Old Feb 18, 19, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
Yup, I currently work in a student position for a secretary that works for the Admissions department at a major university. One of the aspects they are in charge of is not only booking travel for the employees, but also for potential clients and potential employees. One of those "potentials" was rude to her and thought they could get away with demanding what they wanted over what was good for the university. Needless to say, they did not get the job/position.

Kindness and sacrificing is everything, especially if those "receptionists/secretaries" talk with other powerful individuals.
I'm sure if you are the star recruit of the football team you're going to get whatever it takes for you to sign a letter of commitment.
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
Yup, I currently work in a student position for a secretary that works for the Admissions department at a major university. One of the aspects they are in charge of is not only booking travel for the employees, but also for potential clients and potential employees. One of those "potentials" was rude to her and thought they could get away with demanding what they wanted over what was good for the university. Needless to say, they did not get the job/position.

Kindness and sacrificing is everything, especially if those "receptionists/secretaries" talk with other powerful individuals.
I would not use the term "needless to say." If the applicant is highly sought after and wants to fly a more direct route which gets in 3 hours earlier, that is hardly a major ask. Conversely, being rude, whether it is about travel arrangements or the weather is never acceptable.

It is also a reality that if one needs a given employee, one may have to do a bit more of bending over backwards to get them.
Old Feb 20, 19, 5:12 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post

Here's what I just emailed:

Curious, OP -> how did the client respond?
Old Feb 20, 19, 5:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by j_the_p View Post
Curious, OP -> how did the client respond?
They claimed they were only trying to be helpful and have now switch to letting me book.
estnet and MSPeconomist like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: