Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

FA Tells Passengers his whole life story - appropriate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Tells Passengers his whole life story - appropriate?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
No...

Originally Posted by pinniped
So 60% of us are grumpy reclusive jerks?

Sounds like the FA was making casual smalltalk trying to pass time when people are likely VERY annoyed. Being at the gate but unable to deplane is a tense situation for everyone involved. Sounds like the guy was just trying to keep things chill. From the description of the OP, it doesn't sound like he went into his intimate relationships, anything off-color, or even anything as controversial as typical family drama.
....60% of you are the types of folks who I enjoy having a vacation conversation with....
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:35 pm

I agree that the FA should be fired
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by maniac78
I agree that the FA should be fired
Are you (a) joking, or (b) a grumpy reclusive jerk?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
FT member starts thread "FA Tells Passengers his whole life story" - appropriate?

FT member starts thread "FA Tells Passengers his whole life story" - appropriate?

Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Yes. It’s always fine to start a new thread.

People who yap for no reason are tiresome so I’d prefer that the FA keep quiet, but perhaps the passenger liked it.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
And in other news, a squirrel ran up a tree.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NYCommuter

Yes. It’s always fine to start a new thread.

People who yap for no reason are tiresome so I’d prefer that the FA keep quiet, but perhaps the passenger liked it.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
And in other news, a squirrel ran up a tree.
@LondonElite

Your post should actually be a new thread.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy
I won't give flight specifics so I don't reveal anything too personal or identifying.

Flight lands, gets to the gate and there's an issue with the bridge which resulted in about a 15 min wait. During that time an FA starts chatting with some passengers and I was right next to them so couldn't help but hear the entire conversation. Anyway the FA gave pretty much his entire life story, where he's from, where he lives now, what part of town he lives in, what he does for fun, how he hopes to turn his side business into a full time gig some time in the future, and so on. I felt like that was inappropriate of the FA. Kind of like when a server at a restaurant feels the need to talk endlessly about their day to me. I'm of the "just do your job" mindset when it comes to people in the service industry. And before anyone accuses me of being elite and looking down on "the help", I did plenty of service jobs in my life as well and never felt the need to share my life story with customers.

Thoughts?
If the FA already gave away his whole life story, what’s the problem with giving flight specifics?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.