Reload this Page >

Funniest inflight announcements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest inflight announcements

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:36 am

After sharing this thread with my wife she mentioned a pretty good one she heard from a pilot on AA recently:

"Sorry folks, but I can't control the weather. If I could I sure wouldn't be flying airplanes."
trooper and DragonSoul like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: United Airlines Premier 1K
On WN after a bounced landing, "Welcome to Detroit, again."
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1.1 MM, AS MVP
Southwest flight after the preflight announcements: "We will be walking through the cabin to check for fashion faux pas'"

Regularly on Southwest flights during the preflight announcements: "Did anyone lose this?" Then, when everyone looks up..."now that we have your attention"..

Recent Alaska Airlines flight on a Bombardier aircraft: "This is our one an only lavatory. Contrary to popular opinion, it does not move around the aircraft during the flight."
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:39 pm

Here is yet another one.

On a ASouthwest Flight the flight attendants sang "50 Ways to Leave the Plane and Lover" You take off the seatbelt dear and have no fear cause there 50 ways to leave this plane"".

On a Delta Airlines Flight the Flight attendant said Thank you for flying Delta Airlines with Alpha Service and Beta catering(cause they forgot to load certain items) so the next time you fly we hope it won't be a Delta Grade but an Alpha one!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
WN flight, telling people not to smoke on the plane and smoke detectors being in the bathroom, “don’t be naughty in that potty”. Probably can also refer to a few other situations as well.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:41 pm

I was on a very bumpy landing of an AA flight from Miami or Orlando to Manchester UK. Irish crew. ‘We would just like to thank Captain Kangaroo for that grand landing, welcome to Manchester’
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:52 pm
Suspended

I find WN's cornball jokes to be contrived, forced levity.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
I find WN's cornball jokes to be contrived, forced levity.
I find miserable joyless pax very tiresome
trooper, kimberlyrose and GMTmin8 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GavinMansfield
I find miserable joyless pax very tiresome
Ad hominem.

Not liking forced levity and contrived humor doesn't make one joyless and or miserable. Just someone who hates a lack of authenticity.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Amex HHonors Surpass, HHonors Gold
"The captain has turned off the seatbelt sign, you are now free to wander aimlessly about the cabin."
lowmiles likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:06 pm

After a late departure EWR to IAD, pilot comes on the speaker, apologizes for the delay and says they will try to make up time in the air as they are going to “fly it like we stole it”. We all chuckled at his good sense of humor.

Last edited by Sunny 1; Feb 10, 2019 at 6:54 pm
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:16 am

Not an in-flight announcement, but I was flying BOS-PIT on B6 during the Valentine's day meltdown. The flight was supposed to leave at 7:30 PM and didn't leave until 2:15 or so AM (and we were one of the lucky ones whose flight actually left). Just before boarding was about to start, the GA announced that anyone who had misplaced, lost or eaten their boarding pass during the delay should come see him at the podium for a new one.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: none
"If you are travelling with a child, put your oxygen mask on first. If you are travelling with more that one child, pick the one you like best........"
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: AC E50K
Although not made by a crew member this one always made me laugh:

"When it passed 10 o'clock apparently the crew couldn't fly anymore," said Toronto resident Kira Wegler to Global. "Because … in their words, they would turn into pumpkins."
https://www.blogto.com/city/2018/01/...fiasco-boston/
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: ShebaMiles
Originally Posted by rosensfole
Arriving in MAN on Aer Lingus circa 1992; "Welcome to Dusseldorf... a very different looking Dusseldorf... where are we?... hehe... Welcome to Manchester, hope you have a better morning than I seem to be having"
There are some recent pax on BA who wouldn't find this very funny anymore!
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.