Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Survey: Customer loyalty in the north Atlantic aviation maarket

Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

my name is Dennis and I am studying International Management and Tourism at the City University of Applied Sciences in Bremen, Germany.

I am currently working on my bachelor thesis which is about customer loyalty in the north Atlantic aviation market. As a German living in New York and as a frequent flyer myself this topic was an easy choice for me.

I prepared a survey and I would really appreciate your time if you would participate as I am really interested in your insights.

Your participation should take less than 5 minutes and I will close the survey on December 2nd, 2018 at midnight (EST).

I am happy to share the results with you here on FlyerTalk within the 2 weeks after.

The survey can be found here: https://denbeh92.survey.fm/customer-loyality-in-northatlantic-aviation-market

Thank you for your participation!

Sincerely,
Dennis
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended

It is quite common to see posts by students like yours BREJFK, asking for people to do a survey in relation to a thesis etc. I have no objection to that at all.

But perhaps you can tell me why it is that so many of them are surveys of something to which the answer is already quite clear to anyone with common sense and can see the world as it exists.

Customer loyalty in the North Atlantic market basically does not exist. Any kind of customer loyalty towards airlines has not existed for decades. The only 'apparent' loyalty you will find is by people who are collecting 'mileage points' etc. But even that is not a true case of 'loyalty'. You would first have to define 'loyalty' very loosely indeed.

Otherwise, the only 'loyalty' you will find for the majority of people have is to the lowest priced ticket, not to any particular airline.

Having wrote the above, I then went on to look at your survey. It did not impress me as having anything to do with establishing loyalty at all unless loyalty only meant using an airline frequent flyer program. That's hilarious. Your survey is beyond flawed if you think it is going to tell you anything about customer loyalty to an airline. It's simply about FF programs, who uses them and why. That certainly does not match up with the title you give of , Customer loyalty in the north Atlantic aviation market. In fact, I have a problem seeing any useful information your survey would provide to anyone other than question 16 which might be of interest to an airline planning a FF program. But then, the answers there have been figured out long ago and no need for anyone to ask them again.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
It is quite common to see posts by students like yours BREJFK, asking for people to do a survey in relation to a thesis etc. I have no objection to that at all.

But perhaps you can tell me why it is that so many of them are surveys of something to which the answer is already quite clear to anyone with common sense and can see the world as it exists.

Customer loyalty in the North Atlantic market basically does not exist. Any kind of customer loyalty towards airlines has not existed for decades. The only 'apparent' loyalty you will find is by people who are collecting 'mileage points' etc. But even that is not a true case of 'loyalty'. You would first have to define 'loyalty' very loosely indeed.

Otherwise, the only 'loyalty' you will find for the majority of people have is to the lowest priced ticket, not to any particular airline.

Having wrote the above, I then went on to look at your survey. It did not impress me as having anything to do with establishing loyalty at all unless loyalty only meant using an airline frequent flyer program. That's hilarious. Your survey is beyond flawed if you think it is going to tell you anything about customer loyalty to an airline. It's simply about FF programs, who uses them and why. That certainly does not match up with the title you give of , Customer loyalty in the north Atlantic aviation market. In fact, I have a problem seeing any useful information your survey would provide to anyone other than question 16 which might be of interest to an airline planning a FF program. But then, the answers there have been figured out long ago and no need for anyone to ask them again.
Thank you for reaching out to me. It is quite common that you can't address everything since it is only a thesis on the undergraduate level and taking everything into account would be beyond the expectations and would exceed the appropriate workload. I am not allowed to exceed a certain number of pages.

We all know that most people care about the cheapest price and that's the problem I am addressing. However, as you may know, the price is just one possibility to keep the customer but not exclusively. There are many more things to take into account, for example, the product itself.

A frequent flyer program is just one tool for an airline that can be used but it's obviously not the miracle cure to solve the problems and I never said that.
In my survey are not only questions about ffps so I don't know why you think that my thesis is all about that and that I am narrow-minded. Again, it is just one part of my thesis.

Since you have no idea what the exact contents of my thesis are, I don't know how you are able to come to those conclusions. The survey is just one part and I am not working on frequent flyer programs exclusively.

The danger of the single story I guess.

Anyway: Thank you for taking your time to participate.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

my survey is about to close.

I would like to thank all participants for their time.

If you haven't participated yet and you wish to do so, you can find the link here:

https://denbeh92.survey.fm/customer-...viation-market

Thanks again,
BREJFK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.