World’s Top 10 Airlines of 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World’s Top 10 Airlines of 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Is this United related and belong to this forum, especially United is not even on the list?
Yes ... belongs here, to debate why UA isn't on this list (thought the reason for the post would've been obvious)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
TG #10 ? Seriously? I wonder how many THB that cost.

Originally Posted by malgudi
How is Eva Air? Looks like a good option to get to SIN from SFO .. considering the crazy high fares on UA (in business class).
Very good. The TPE lounges are subpar, and I'm not a huge fan of the food, but the aircraft are comfortable, the service is excellent, and the amenities are also quite nice.
UA_Flyer and royng like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by topman
Not a single US Carrier made the cut. Shameful. Let the ME3 start offering better service to US flyers.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/w...airlines-2018/
Let them bring their shameful employee treatment/benefits/protections over here too. I can’t wait until United starts clocking their employees in and out of their United employee apartments.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Wonder how much Thai paid for that #10 spot. They certainly didn’t earn it based on merit...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danielSuper
=

Smiling and looking friendly. I know after years of traveling United this might be startling.
Haha, good point!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by 24left
I've been flying them for a few years LAX-TPE, TPE-YYZ, HKG-TPE etc, and have a few more coming up. Cabins are spotless, lavs are spotless, FAs are young and there are many. They have pre-order meals in Manage Bookings and the meals I've had were just fantastic. Loved the mid-flight burger which they had before CX did.
Hi 24left,

I have EVA on my list as #2, the only draw back is AMS whilst my destination ex BKK is BRU
I fly TK because they have the cheapest J promotion fares (at 50% discount from normal J fares to BRU) and their J service is excellent but not top.
I quit QR because their FF program advantages are halved and their fares are always 2000€+, no more good deals. But yes, they have the best hard product in J I ever flew.
I now am *A Gold, thus if the price is better than TK I might well fly them to AMS.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by leonidas
When given a choice between a US carrier and an East Asia carrier, absolutely choose the latter. Always.
Try flying Air China. I've had them do their safety breifing while the plane is literally taking off, with the cute chubby panda trying to navigate the escape slide. And if you disobey their cell phone rules they'll just hit you in the head.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Let them bring their shameful employee treatment/benefits/protections over here too. I can’t wait until United starts clocking their employees in and out of their United employee apartments.
Shameful is a strong word and requires strong case that cannot be explained by cultural/political reasons. Is there some evidence of actual abuse, torture or whatnot in ME3?

Compared to some EU crews (2 months vacation, 2 years paid maternity leave, completely free healthcare, pensions, no crazy SFO 5 hours deadheading etc), one might find US3 emplyee treatment shameful given their billions of profits.

This is not whataboutism, but what you find shameful is very culturaly/location relative. I doubt US3 adhere to Swiss or Swedish employee laws when they fly there.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by malgudi
How is Eva Air? Looks like a good option to get to SIN from SFO .. considering the crazy high fares on UA (in business class).
Highly recommended. It's my TPAC airline of choice. As Kacee points out, the lounges are meh, but it's a well-run airline.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Not a single US Carrier made the cut. Shameful. Let the ME3 start offering better service to US flyers.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/w...airlines-2018/
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Is this United related and belong to this forum, especially United is not even on the list?
Agreed, so will move this to TravelBuzz

WineCountryUA
UA coiModerator
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tartempion
Hi 24left,

I have EVA on my list as #2, the only draw back is AMS whilst my destination ex BKK is BRU
I fly TK because they have the cheapest J promotion fares (at 50% discount from normal J fares to BRU) and their J service is excellent but not top.
I quit QR because their FF program advantages are halved and their fares are always 2000€+, no more good deals. But yes, they have the best hard product in J I ever flew.
I now am *A Gold, thus if the price is better than TK I might well fly them to AMS.

@tartempion
Hey there you are!!!
Yes, BKK to BRU, not exactly a straight line

We all know BR isn't perfect even with all they do right.
People complain about every airline, it's just the complaints are different. LOL

Safe travels and hope to see you at another FT Do !
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tartempion
Credit your miles (TPs) to BA, problem solved.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveo
Try flying Air China. I've had them do their safety breifing while the plane is literally taking off, with the cute chubby panda trying to navigate the escape slide. And if you disobey their cell phone rules they'll just hit you in the head.
You can use your phone on Air China now. Been that way for the past year. CA is a better airline than UA and AA. In fact the Chinese big 3 are better than the US big 3 IMHO. Only thing better on US Airlines is the alcoholic drink service and selection.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Not a single US Carrier made the cut. Shameful.
How is it shameful? Everyone on here complains about them all and with the frequency of all the stories that make it to the media about them, frankly, I'm not surprised.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Skytrax ratings are absolutely useless. Emirates in the top 5? You must be kidding.
Its only about how many people from which parts of the world are voting. An average flier from a 2nd or 3rd world country has lower expectations than most from 1st world countries.
In order for these ratings to be useful, we would need a fair distribution of voters demographically.
Surely, if you had used such statistics as these in a school project you'd have failed.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.